uphuck 10.9.4i R3 on Vmware

33 posts in this topic

JaS is good for 10.4.8, but we need 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 too. The world moves on.

Any tips to getting easy upgrades to 10.4.10 from 10.4.8 would be nice. AND NO I'm not googling it.

Me Crawling the web would take me much more time than someone who already has the knowledge to write it down in this forum.

I've actually gotten 10.4.10 to work (native, not VMWare; SSE2-only at that). The issue *I* am having is that all the ATI X1xxx AGP kexts cause kernel panics with the SSE2 kernels (so I have no ATI kexts loaded at all). If I can get that issue licked (especially if I can get CI/QE support working at a decent clip), things will get interesting real quick. (As it is, even with the kextless generic AGP support, the screen redraws are certainly plenty speedy, even though only 256 MB of the 512 MB of onboard memory are detected.)

I apologize for my earlier statements regarding Uphuck ISOs. I got 1.4iR3 working in VMware. What I did:

Got an external drive

Booted up from the Uphuck disc natively

Formatted and installed OS X on the drive natively

Went into VMware on Win XP and created a new FreeBSD virtual machine

Set it to boot from the USB drive

Booted OS X!

Uphuck works fantastic on VMware natively and its considerably faster than JaS 10.4.8.

So no success with r3 on vmware? I am happy with r2 on vmware without any tweak. Got get on TPB with my nick. Hundreds guys seeding it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got Uphuck to install on my VMWare Server fine. The problem lies in when I try to boot VMWare after the installation. All I get is a black screen with a single solid white tab. The ISO on the DVD is perfect because it ran the entire installation, I am just trying to figure out where I actually went wrong. Anyone got any good ideas or can help?

I actually got Uphuck to install on my VMWare Server fine. The problem lies in when I try to boot VMWare after the installation. All I get is a black screen with a single solid white tab. The ISO on the DVD is perfect because it ran the entire installation, I am just trying to figure out where I actually went wrong. Anyone got any good ideas or can help?

I got the same exact problem.

I do not have an external drive so that is not possible for me. I need a work around to this.