uphuck 10.9.4i R3 on Vmware

33 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I need to install uphuck 10.9.4i R3 on Vmware. Has anybody succeed with these? I'm always getting kernel panic. My ISO is not corrupted for sure.

Anyway, if anybody tried and successfylly booting this, please let us know which drivers & patches (if any) you used.

• 2 weeks later...

ACPI errors too...

I've trying a lot of different combinaison, but nothing seems to work.

using :

- WMware 6 built 45731(latest)

- Uphuck 10.4.9, 1.4ir3 intalled correctly on different computer (tested on more than 10 different configuration)

Trying :

- different virtual machine setting from old to V6 version, mono/dual core, 512-1go ram, DD IDE or SCSI, guest os : all tested, http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware_how_to method tested...

anyone have an idea?

Solution:

Use Windows NT as Guest OS type

Press a key during boot, then enter -legacy as boot option.

Proof:

th_uphuck_1049_v1.4i_r3_on_vmware.png

Network doesn't work though. Any fix for that yet?

VMWare disables ACPI bios when it's set to Windows NT as guest OS type.

Hello everybody,

I need to install uphuck 10.9.4i R3 on Vmware. Has anybody succeed with these? I'm always getting kernel panic. My ISO is not corrupted for sure.

Anyway, if anybody tried and successfylly booting this, please let us know which drivers & patches (if any) you used.

Yes, try what saivert said but heres something to fix all these problems: Don't use Uphuck images. The new ones are error-full. Why do people keep going for the Uphuck images when they know that 80% of problems with installations on the board are with Uphuck images?? I like JaS. Universally compatible, almost problem free.

JaS is good for 10.4.8, but we need 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 too. The world moves on.

Any tips to getting easy upgrades to 10.4.10 from 10.4.8 would be nice. AND NO I'm not googling it.

Me Crawling the web would take me much more time than someone who already has the knowledge to write it down in this forum.

Easy upgrades from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10=Installer packages. There are two packaged automated hackintosh installers that update 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 to 10.4.10. To update from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10, you would use PascalW's Hackintosh 10.4.10 Delta installer. To update from 10.4.8 or 10.4.9, you would use the Koolkal 10.4.10 Combo updater.

Solution:

Use Windows NT as Guest OS type

Press a key during boot, then enter -legacy as boot option.

VMWare disables ACPI bios when it's set to Windows NT as guest OS type.

Can you wrote your choice of configuration under osX Installation?

@PCWIZ : i've already try the JaS distribution (10.4.8 PPF 1 + PPF 2), but the installer still not booting (stacks error) actually no solution found on 3 computer with this processor : pentium D / intel core 2 duo / Centrino duo / Pentium 4 mobile / pentium 4 / no ADM actually to test :unsure:. May my build have a problems, i'll try to take an other.

JaS is good for 10.4.8, but we need 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 too. The world moves on.

Sure, the JaS 10.4.8 image would be great if anyone would ever SEED it! There are lots of messages on TPB (and I've confirmed myself) that you can only get 62.8%, and it's been that way for months! That's why I'm stuck on 10.4.7... and tried using the uPhuck 10.4.9, but after the install went (supposedly) successfully, it won't boot.

Sure, the JaS 10.4.8 image would be great if anyone would ever SEED it! There are lots of messages on TPB (and I've confirmed myself) that you can only get 62.8%, and it's been that way for months! That's why I'm stuck on 10.4.7... and tried using the uPhuck 10.4.9, but after the install went (supposedly) successfully, it won't boot.

The image was done for me in 4 days on a 256Kbps (30KBps download speed) cable connection

The image was done for me in 4 days on a 256Kbps (30KBps download speed) cable connection

Great... maybe I need the torrent from D* rather than the one on TPB... (the one on TPB I have at 62.8% has apparently added "Core2Duo Debug + crossover 6"); but I don't have a D account. :-(

By the way, PCWiz, just so you know for the future. The current Workstation 6.0.1 beta has broken something in OSX guests. My 10.4.7 does a Workstation core dump unless I disable acceleration... and then it's really slow. I've submitted my logs+dump to the VMware product manager (after he asked for it), but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I installed this version without any issue. DO NOT choose anything but the 'base' install, all the other kernel extensions are not necessary for VMware, only for physical box installation.

I'm running it using FreeBSD option in VMware Workstation 6. My problem right now is no network. As I type, I'm in the process of removing all networking from the .VMX and starting that step over. The NIC is detected, but I can't get anything working. If this doesn't work. I'll try the WinNT Kernel with -legacy option.

If that doesn't work, I've got JaS 10.4.8 already so I'll start over with that. Could someone give me some links or details on where I find 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 installers so I can get updated? PM if ya need too! I have a D login if they are available there, just need to know how to locate them.

PS - My physical computer is an Intel Core2Duo E6600 on ASUS P5K-Deluxe motherboard with GeForce 8600GT video.

Welp, no go on the network. I forgot to mention the only "Tweak" I had to do with the uphuck to get where I am now is specify "e1000" for the ethernet adaptor in the .VMX file.

OS X doesn't think the network cable is connected at boot, so I have to disconnect and reconnect the adaptor in VMware and then it links up, but no connectivyt. Bridges of NAT, DHCP pulls not, manual IP gets me no where. Tried the Maxxus driver. Guess I'll give JAS a try.

Oh yea, and my VMware host OS is VIsta Ultimate 64bit.

VMware 6.00.45731

Host is Windows XP

I've tried

Other:other

Other:FreeBSD

Windows:WindowsNT

and best ive gotten is with FREEBSD and the following error. Picture is attached.

onylthing ive changed in the setting file of the VM is paevm="true"

Everything is fine until i restart and it keeps telling me to restart.

Any ideas? would really like to get it working

EDIT: I got it working, had to use WINNT.

Any way to install video drivers to increase resolution?

Networking?

post-134740-1189901309_thumb.jpg

VMware 6.00.45731

Host is Windows XP

I've tried

Other:other

Other:FreeBSD

Windows:WindowsNT

and best ive gotten is with FREEBSD and the following error. Picture is attached.

onylthing ive changed in the setting file of the VM is paevm="true"

Everything is fine until i restart and it keeps telling me to restart.

Any ideas? would really like to get it working

EDIT: I got it working, had to use WINNT.

Any way to install video drivers to increase resolution?

Networking?

That error screen is really easy to solve. When installing Uphuck, and the Installation options screen, choose the Remove IntelCPUPowerManagement kext option under Patches.

Regarding the main topic, I installed Uphuck 1.4iR3 on my External USB Drive natively, then booted the drive using VMware. Its a lot faster than JaS 10.4.8 in VMware.

That error screen is really easy to solve. When installing Uphuck, and the Installation options screen, choose the Remove IntelCPUPowerManagement kext option under Patches.

Regarding the main topic, I installed Uphuck 1.4iR3 on my External USB Drive natively, then booted the drive using VMware. Its a lot faster than JaS 10.4.8 in VMware.

I installed it using Win-NT and it's working

Would like to up the resolution though. I have Nvidia 7900 GTX, not sure what I need to do.

Have we figured out how to get networking going? I heard it's not possible in ACE edition of VMWARE, is this true?

I installed it using Win-NT and it's working

Would like to up the resolution though. I have Nvidia 7900 GTX, not sure what I need to do.

Have we figured out how to get networking going? I heard it's not possible in ACE edition of VMWARE, is this true?

Yes, you can increase the resolution. Its pretty easy. Instructions are here: http://######.com/software/vmwareosx86ir.htm

And its easy to get networking going too. First of all, make sure you have an Ethernet device added to your virtual machine in VMware. Set the Ethernet mode to Bridged in your Ethernet virtual device. Open up your virtual machine's .vmx configuration file using Notepad and add the following line:

ethernet0.virtualDev="e1000"

Save the file and boot your VM.

And yes, networking will not work in ACE Editions of VMware.

Hope this helps

pcwiz

By the way, PCWiz, just so you know for the future. The current Workstation 6.0.1 beta has broken something in OSX guests. My 10.4.7 does a Workstation core dump unless I disable acceleration... and then it's really slow. I've submitted my logs+dump to the VMware product manager (after he asked for it), but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Good news... My OSX 10.4.8 guest works with the release version of Workstation 6.0.1-55017. No crashes, core dumps, etc. AND.. I am running the ACE Edition, and networking IS working... I'm posting this via Safari inside my OSX guest. :-) It initially was not working, but I just disconnected and reconnected the virtual NIC via the icons in the Workstation status bar.. and then OSX picked it up correctly. pcwiz, you might want to update your documents to indicate this should work now.