Install succesfullu, but don't boot :(

4 posts in this topic

Hello,I have installed uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 on Vmware server 1.0.2. Installation went successfylly (at least it says that), but after I try to boot, nothing comes to Vmware server Screen. It is totall black and blank, no error message, no progress...My system confuguration is:----------------------------Processor: Intel Pentium D 805 (2.66 GHz, duel core), supports SSE2 & SSE3Motherboard: Intel 101 GGCRAM: 1 GB DDR Graphics: Onboard (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series)Sound: OnboardHard drive: 2 x 80GB Sata (Samsung)Liteon DVD ROMSony DVD R/WVMWare Virtual Machine Congiguration:--------------------------------------1 CPU8 GB IDE Drive512 RAMIs this related to graphic driver issue? Can anyone help?I have forgot to say, I already activate the partition where I install MAC OS X, but no luck :(Any help is much appreciated.

I got the solution of this problem (but still cannot install it, but that is another story...)

To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Start a fresh install in Vmware

2. Go to Diskutility (from Utility Menu of the installer)

3. Select Entire Disk, Click Partition tab

4. In the Partition Tab , go to Options, the select Master Boot Record

5. Click Partition to partition the virtual hard drive

Now continue installing MacOS X 10.4.9 (uphuck release v1.3), this will solve this problem :o

• 2 weeks later...

I have got the same problem when i use the vmware 5.0 to install the 10.4.8,after the reboot the computer was frozen. I take the "tboot" to the XP partition,after XP reboot,I choose the "Mac OS X",it's successful.I enter into the really "Mac OS X".but in XP,the vmware still not work.