Wireless Connection drop-ou

The Q

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a strange problem that is driving me crazy that I am hoping someone may be able to offer some suggestions.

I am running Uphuck v1.3 10.4.9 on a Dell d420. After a little bit of tweaking I enabled my PCI cardslot so I could use a Dlink DWL-G630 wireless card (the internal Intel 3945 was not supported).

Good news is that this all works correctly and I can connect to my DLink DI-524 wireless AP using WPA unfortunately every 30 seconds or so the connection seems to hang (page stops loading in safari). If I click on the wireless signal icon in the applebar the connection seems to come alive again and the page continues to load.

The entire time I can ping my router/AP but transfer times are very bad ( ~1900 ms). When I click on the wireless signal ico the transfer time drops to 70-80ms!

I also connected my Ethernet card (Broadcom 57xx) when I was in the office the other day and saw the same networking issues (I also tried the wireless with the same result) so it doesnt look like anything specific to my network card etc

Any advice would be appreciated. This is the last piece I need to get working then I will post a full how-to for the d420.

Thanks

Q

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think you can post the how-to anyhow? Because when I load it up, my machine is really really slow. I have the Dell D420, and 1 gig of RAM.

So any help would be greatly appreciated? Like which disk you used, what options you selected on install, etc.? Can you get it to run Quartz Extreme etc? Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mel

P.S. Sorry I couldn't help with your question, i never got that far.

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having a similar issue with wireless only I have the linksys wmp54gs. It doesn't completely hang... just slows to an unreasonable speed with anything downloading... some things do stop completely. It took me days and about 10 DVD's to find a load of OS X that works... I have Uphuck v1.3 working beautifully otherwise.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? The wireless signal indicator goes down to two bars when it should be at 4.

Have a similar issue here. Using Intel 82540EM Gigabit LAN (Ethernet, not wireless). Randomly the connection goes offline. Its like the Ethernet goes to sleep. Once I boot Windows and then boot back into OS X, it starts working again. Minor issue, but really annoying when you wait a long time for an update to download in Software Update and when like 2MB is remaining, the internet goes offline and you have to download all over again.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I have a strange problem that is driving me crazy that I am hoping someone may be able to offer some suggestions.

I am running Uphuck v1.3 10.4.9 on a Dell d420. After a little bit of tweaking I enabled my PCI cardslot so I could use a Dlink DWL-G630 wireless card (the internal Intel 3945 was not supported).

Good news is that this all works correctly and I can connect to my DLink DI-524 wireless AP using WPA unfortunately every 30 seconds or so the connection seems to hang (page stops loading in safari). If I click on the wireless signal icon in the applebar the connection seems to come alive again and the page continues to load.

The entire time I can ping my router/AP but transfer times are very bad ( ~1900 ms). When I click on the wireless signal ico the transfer time drops to 70-80ms!

I also connected my Ethernet card (Broadcom 57xx) when I was in the office the other day and saw the same networking issues (I also tried the wireless with the same result) so it doesnt look like anything specific to my network card etc

Any advice would be appreciated. This is the last piece I need to get working then I will post a full how-to for the d420.

Thanks

Q

Just wondering how you managed to get the onboard ethernet to work. Everything I have read so far states that the broadcom 5752 will not work. I cannot even get mine to be recognized. Can you post your networkinterfaces.plist and or any other relevant kexts I might need. I have been trying to get wireless working to no avail. I purchased an atheros ar5006ex but still cannot conquer that one. Any insight would be appreciated.

Peace,

discin420style

• 2 years later...
Have a similar issue here. Using Intel 82540EM Gigabit LAN (Ethernet, not wireless). Randomly the connection goes offline. Its like the Ethernet goes to sleep. Once I boot Windows and then boot back into OS X, it starts working again. Minor issue, but really annoying when you wait a long time for an update to download in Software Update and when like 2MB is remaining, the internet goes offline and you have to download all over again.

I have the same issue with the Intel 82540EM NIC.

Did you ever solve your problem?