Crash on startup after installing in VMware Fusion

2 posts in this topic

I'm a bit new to this whole OSX86 thing, so if I ask any silly questions, please be gentle :D

So I've installed an OSX86 image in a VMware VM in Fusion on a Macbook Pro. Yes - a mac in a mac. The image I'm using is the 10.4.8 JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2 iso. It installed quite nicely, and when I boot up in single-user mode everything seems to be in its right place, but it can't boot up graphically. Whenever I try, it waits about 1 minute on the loading screen and then a strange little graphic pops up:

loadingscreenzq9.th.png

I'm not sure what this is, and I've never seen it on my real Mac.

The system log shows that the boot usually gets to or gets close to starting loginwindow.

Any ideas? Am I doing anything painfully, obviously wrong?

I'm a bit new to this whole OSX86 thing, so if I ask any silly questions, please be gentle ;)

So I've installed an OSX86 image in a VMware VM in Fusion on a Macbook Pro. Yes - a mac in a mac. The image I'm using is the 10.4.8 JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2 iso. It installed quite nicely, and when I boot up in single-user mode everything seems to be in its right place, but it can't boot up graphically. Whenever I try, it waits about 1 minute on the loading screen and then a strange little graphic pops up:

I'm not sure what this is, and I've never seen it on my real Mac.

The system log shows that the boot usually gets to or gets close to starting loginwindow.

Any ideas? Am I doing anything painfully, obviously wrong?

Something else I'd mention is that the system log doesn't seem to end in a consistent place.

systemlog1eg2.th.png

systemlog2cl1.th.png