Working Install of 10.4.8 but no Wireless

brockley

1 post in this topic

Ok, so i have been searching for help with this for a while, gone through 3 or 4 installs and am finally giving in and asking for help. I have a working Jas 10.4.8 Installation. I only used the following packages:

Jas 10.4.8 Intel

Brother and Epson Printers

Additional Essentials

That is all.

My system is the following:

Prescot P4 2.4

1 GB RAM (2x512)

Chaintech 9CJS Zenith

Intel 875P w/ ICH5R

EVGA GeForce 7800 GS AGP 256MB

Pioneer DVR-107D

DVDRW IDE1004

WDC WD300B 30 GB HD

Seagate STS300622A 300 GB HD

OnBoard Firewire

Realtek 10/100 LAN

Intel Gigabit LAN

VIA Envy24 Sound (not working, no support)

Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S Rev A1 (not working, supposedly supported)

I have tried the Buffalo/Broadcom wireless workarounds to no avail. I do not even get the Airport indicator in the menu bar at the top fo the screen. Another post mentioned need Jas's wireless package but I cannot seem to find that anywhere.

What do I need to do to get my wireless working? I need to get it working so I can download some stuff like Natit to be able to properly use my graphics card and other things as well as getting some software on it. I know my onboard sound is not supported so there are no worries about that, but how come my wireless card doesn't even show up under system profiler in the PCI card page?

Also, how come it won't boot with USB devices attached? it just hangs at the grey apple screen, no sipping thing or anything else, but unplugged loads right up real quick?

Thanks