Sigmatel STAC9271D on an Intel DP35DP mobo

madnoh

48 posts in this topic

Talk of the profiler made me go and check that again, and I notice that the audio no longer shows there, and just has 'no built in audio' (though I have volume controls etc). Anyone know how I would go about generating (or even writing by hand) a CODEC config for taruga's macHDA patcher?

Alright, I booted into my linux install this morning and grabbed a dump for this HDA CODEC, and I noticed that it's not detected as codec0 but rather codec2 (and there is no other cards)... shrug... had to do cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 > /home/ubuntu/Desktop/codec_dump1.txt.

Anyways...

Here is the dump, if some of the other people having issues would try it, thatwould be great, since I have work now.

EDIT: Yes, they are different, I just compared my dump to one from some of the other threads (I'll upload as codec_2.txt) and the subsystem ID is different, so I can only guess that newer DP35DP boards have slightly different address areas.

NEW: Subsystem Id: 0x80863001

OLD: Subsystem Id: 0x80862504

NEW: Amp-Out vals: [0x66 0x66]

OLD: Amp-Out vals: [0xff 0xff]

NEW: Address: 2

OLD: Address: 1

So there ya go.

STAC9271D_Address2.txt

codec_2.txt

UPDATE: Got a little further... I manually inserted the paths from a HDA patched with my dump into the appleHDA.kext for the old revisions that is in that zip file thats floating around. And now my speakers initialise for a split second, then the SPDIF light comes on and I lose sound again, only for the SPDIF to go off again...get sound for 1sec...then it goes on again and I'm back to nothing... Could really use some help from someone who knows more than me about this stuff...sigh...even being pointed to some documentation on what the other values in appleHDA.kext's info.plist would help... desperate here...

Edited kext in case of the extremely unlikely event that someone decides to help.

Linky

Update (20th Feb 08): I found that STAC9271D 0x83847627 for testing by Taruga works for line out for the front and back ports. Mil23T discovered that the newer BIOS for this board screws up the sound settings. So, for those with the newer BIOS update either can flash back their BIOS to the older one or hope for Taruga to make changes to his drivers.

If anyone could confirm that all the other jacks work, like Mic and Optical out, that would be much appreciated.

PS: I tried to edit my first post but after clicking the Complete Edit button, it just hangs forever.

Both optical and Mic are working with the above kexts (borrowed some SPDIF speakers), as well as line out standard BP/FP. If we could find a network driver everything would be working natively (I might have a look at some kexts later for that, though USB adapters work fine).

And yeah, the 301 bios breaks sound, even if you change the pins/path in the kext to the correct ones for the new bios. Stay with 263.

I still can't get Time Machine working (Volume not found), or IDE, but I don't use either so it's a minor issue. And I must mention, OSX is FAST on this board, and I mean really f&^%ing fast.

Using NVInstallerV.33.pkg

I have a sony vaio FZ21s with nvidia 8600M GS, after installation i reboot and see the apple with gray background, after this i get a black screen so can't see nothing.

So, I reboot with -s and delete NV* in Extensions then i can see Leopard with VESA (no QE)

Can any one let me know how should i install my nvidia?

Thank you.

I have Install Kaliway 10.5.1, kaliway update to 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel and i have update all with Leopard Software update.

Not Working Wifi, Sound and Nvidia with QE

My System:

Core2Duo 2,2 Ghz

2Gb Ram

200Mb Hdd

My lspci from Ubuntu:

lspci en mi sony Vaio- FZ-21S

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub (rev 0c)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 PCI Express Root Port (rev 0c)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Contoller #4 (rev 03)

00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)

00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev f3)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8600M GS (rev a1) Vendor: 10de ID: 0425

06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection (rev 61)

08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 16)

09:03.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

09:03.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

09:03.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

I used the JaS 10.4.8 DVD, then upgraded 10.4.9 by Ahmed Moewaya's method, then upgraded to 10.4.10 with Koolkal's updater.

By the way, looking at your specs I'd say your graphics card is the problem. The 8500GT as far as I know is not compatible for hackitoshes. A 7 series with 256mb VRAM is your best bet. There's a lively thread about getting the 8800 GTS and GTX to work, but there are mixed results.

Actually i have the DP35DP with 8500GT working will full acceleration/etc.

find the file NVInstallerV.33.pkg and install that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just want to confirm that the latest BIOS Update 0413 [DPP3510J.86A ] doesn't break the sound settings for the Taruga patch. I can't say if the MIC, LINE IN or OPTICAL OUT works as I don't have anything to test it with. Stereo speakers are fine.

i hate to be a pain, but im looking at this mobo and want to know if mic works. You can actually use a pair of ear buds as a mic, just plu it in and scream into them (they dont pick up a ton of sound) then amplify it in audacity or something and see if you can hear yourself. I knows its a hassle, but i may want to record audio on my new rig. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my volume is locked on mute..no matter how many times i load and restart..nothing happens..any ideas?

No but I just installed LEO4ALL V3 Leopard patched for Intel and it has the option for the right audio for the DP35DP. Still it doesn't support the LAN but I used a cheap $11 card for that and the realtek drivers on the LEO4ALL DVD.

It is very cool, I'm running all the applications without a single problem I have a Quad Core CPU and 8GB of memory all the RAM is seen correctly USB,SATA,1394,Audio work fine. Let's see tonight how Parallels runs but I have no doubt it will do OK.

No but I just installed LEO4ALL V3 Leopard patched for Intel and it has the option for the right audio for the DP35DP. Still it doesn't support the LAN but I used a cheap $11 card for that and the realtek drivers on the LEO4ALL DVD.

It is very cool, I'm running all the applications without a single problem I have a Quad Core CPU and 8GB of memory all the RAM is seen correctly USB,SATA,1394,Audio work fine. Let's see tonight how Parallels runs but I have no doubt it will do OK.

I'm running leo4all v3 as well, and i need to find a cheap lan card, any chance you could tell me the model you used so i can get it online somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey italiang. hope u still got time to reply on this.

is the audio (sigmatel stac9271d) onboard intel dp35dp really at its full function (including line-in/mic working) w/ the driver provided by the leo4all dvd installer? if it does, will u kindly extract (using pacifist) just that particular kext for the audio and share it?

hope u can & i'd be waiting. tnx in advance!

I'm running leo4all v3 as well, and i need to find a cheap lan card, any chance you could tell me the model you used so i can get it online somewhere?

It is a generic realtek that I bought at Fry's. If you go in one of these stores and look for a cheap 1Gbit LAN with a Realtek chip that's the one. I can't give you a brand because 1) I don't have the box anymore, 2) they use funny brands but they all look the same.

In any case, it was very similar to the following:

http://shop4.frys.com/product/4434256?site...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Try HDAApple of Targua. I've got a dp35dp with sound card 9271D working very well.Try HDAApple of Targua. I've got a dp35dp with sound card 9271D working very well.

hi can you send me the linux file you used - I used the Stac9200-D.txt and did not work for me

• 3 weeks later...

I would say sigmatel cards and osx86 is an unreliable mix. Even if you get this card to work sooner or later your card is going to blow, I't has happened with 2 different mobos D945GNTLR (sigmatel 9223) and this one. It happens both cards have the same architecture.

I must say I make pretty heavy use of my pc (I keep it on for almost weeks) so if your use is light you may not notice this soon. This is not a voltage peak issue since I have peak suppressors and a voltage corrector it happens just the same. I'm going for another mobo or maybe the same but running with ubuntu.

I would say sigmatel cards and osx86 is an unreliable mix. Even if you get this card to work sooner or later your card is going to blow, I't has happened with 2 different mobos D945GNTLR (sigmatel 9223) and this one. It happens both cards have the same architecture.

I must say I make pretty heavy use of my pc (I keep it on for almost weeks) so if your use is light you may not notice this soon. This is not a voltage peak issue since I have peak suppressors and a voltage corrector it happens just the same. I'm going for another mobo or maybe the same but running with ubuntu.

I have just opened my chassis to notice that the front audio cable heats abnormally so, when I disconnected the whole front panel I found out the connector is completely burnt and immediately after I disconnected this element, audio went back. I am pretty sure the connection was right but I can't tell now since I pulled the cable too fast. So I am still not sure this was a matter of a bad connection or something related to the front audio driver. Have you guys got front audio working? I haven't, so if you do this may indicate a bad connection if not probably this would eventually happen anyway.

• 4 weeks later...