9a499 bugs & problems

intelx

33 posts in this topic

So far most things look good. Aperture doesn't work so I gotta use iPhoto and Lightroom for the moment.

Safari and LaunchBar crash a lot.

I'm not sure how to get InputManagers to work. I remember reading some article that Leopard, if it saw you had some, would ask if you want to enable them.

One problem. The process SystemUIServer (handles menu extras and maybe other stuff) often goes to 90+% CPU usage. I'm not sure if any software I installed caused this. Sleeping my computer and waking it up seems to fix it. Anyone else notice this?

I thought InputManager won't be supported by Leopard...

The problems I'm experiecing:

1. Mail Stationary doesn't work.

2. Using Media Browser in Automator causes Automator to crash. In fact, Media Browser seems unstable in any application.

3. Time Machine won't work when there's a CD/DVD in the drive.

4. Spotlighting in Finder is troublesome. After typing in three letters, I have to refocus to be able to type in more letters.

5. Spotlight show all sucks.

Yes, I also noticed Aperture doesn't work. Does it crash right after you choose what you want to do at the intro screen? It does for me.

Also, Safari seems to have taken a liking to bold italic fonts on forums o_O. It does it on every one I go to.

post-18156-1186027208_thumb.png

haginile:

I also have other minor problems but those I can live with. I agree the Spotlight show all isn't so great. When I do spotlight searches, some options show a sheet and those don't display correctly.

Ramm:

Yes Aperture crashes at that point. It crashes whenever it tries to show the main window. The console shows an error in the ProKit framework. I've tried all the versions of it I could find and they all show the same error.

Safari fonts are fine for me. Maybe you have a corrupt font cache. You could delete it and reboot.

-

The SystemUIServer CPU problems seem to be due to the Airport menu extra. I removed it and things seem fine now.

Remove the airport menu from the top status bar and should solve the SystemUIServer problem. Anyone else have a problem with airport not remembering networks? I can't seem to find the list of wireless networks anywhere in system preferences, anyone see it?

dailo,

I also noticed it was the Airport menu extra.

The other button next to the Airport network lets you change networks or manually join one. There's a checkbox to remember the network but no list of remembered networks. I've only used the one in my home so far. Connects fine each time.

Would a complete wipe of the HDD be considered a problem? :P

My Mac Mini just shut down... so I restarted it, and no file system. I went into Disk Util in the installation CD and all my data had been lost >:)

Iv'e been hearing all over this forum that a big improvement is the speed, but along with it, major bug issues (that airport one sounds very bad). I'm downloading it right now and I can't wait to test her out, but now I wonder: Is it worth it?

I got a weird graphical glitch where the screen was garbled and I had to restart. This version is much faster from last but I do agree with those folks saying that it's buggier. This build is more prone to crashes even though some bugs from 9a466 was fixed, but new bugs are shown.

I've also have the annoying airport bug and iTunes crashes frequently.

Would a complete wipe of the HDD be considered a problem? :whistle:

My Mac Mini just shut down... so I restarted it, and no file system. I went into Disk Util in the installation CD and all my data had been lost >:)

Were you serious about this? Is this an isolated incident or something that could happen to anyone using 499?

airport can't connect to the internet.

it might be because i've Service ID disabled on my router & I've a good WPA passcode, but never the less, when I choose my wifi connection in the locations menu on my Core 1 Duo MacBook, it connects for a few seconds. then my macbook drops the connection....

grr...i skipped directly from 9a410 to 9a499...i'm going to get the WWDC 07 release. hopefully the bug wasnt INTRODUCED back then.

Font Book is acting silly. I have 9a499 on both a MacBook Pro and a MacBook. Fonts install fine on the MBP, but the same fonts don't 'pass' when trying to install on the MB.

PDF documents saved from Adobe Illustrator won't show-up in Quick Look like PDFs saved in Preview or Acrobat.

MSN Messenger will not connect to the internet.

- Chicken of the VNC, CorD, Microsoft Remote Desktop 1 and Beta 2 don't work :( on my mbp c2d

- Finder Crash when I use the TrashBox

- Airport menu extra bug sometime and completely freeze my system

- OS Don't Support Sleep, Hibernate, Resume and co...

I did a clean install Nesukun. iTunes crashed sometimes, i dunno why. Also software update always crashes, is anyone having the same issue?
After the install on first boot it crashed, but after that its working.
Anyone else have a problem with airport not remembering networks? I can't seem to find the list of wireless networks anywhere in system preferences, anyone see it?
After I disabled the onboard LAN Card, this anomaly disappeared