squeeks

Yes or No?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes release it for PS3
    • No. It should be PSX only

23 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

It definitely should be! Final Fantasy 7 is easily the best game in the entire series. I saw the technical demo too and it looks awesome. I was shocked to learn that it was not a pre-rendered movie either, the scenes in that demo were all being rendered on the spot. amazing ;)

• Like 1

God Damnit!

THEY TOTALLY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ALL SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION!

I love Final Fantasy VII. Easily my favourite game of all time. I don't think they should change the story at all just leave it as it is. Imagine how good the Golden Saucer would look!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing the PSX EBOOT on my PSP at the moment of FFVII. I get addicted every time I play it!

What I meant is that I'd rather own a legal copy, and not use emulation. I know they make it for Windows....

it's just not the same... :o

luckily I dug up my psx.

unfortunately, I have a life now :( (that's subject to opinion though, I'm sure)

• 2 months later...

They definitely shouldn't. Like dark said (paraphrased), remaking reiterations of games is stupid. They should just make another FF, leave 7 alone. It was awesome on PS1, and it will stay awesome there. No where else. I'll boycott if it comes out on PS3.

• 1 month later...
Yes they should, but then again I think more "die hard" FF fans would prefer 6 revamped :) Or at least I would. by far the best FF there is.

Yes, but the game should be expanded a lot to make it worthwhile for players. For instance, Square could allow players' choices to determine one of a number of paths the game would take ("what would happen if Aeris didn't die?" for example). One of Final Fantasy 7's main weaknesses is its linearity.

Square could also add depth to some of the characters, like Vincent, who were superficially presented. There are many parts of the existing game that could be improved. For instance, if Cloud asks a male player to take a ride on the Golden Saucer, the character does nothing... just sits there glaring. That's weak. Each character should, like the women, have something to say and do that represents their personality. The stereotyping of Barrett could be reduced and the dialog improved.

The plotline of moral ambiguity "what is terrorism?" could be extended and given more depth, as it was very interesting thematically but was replaced quickly in the game with the old "we're saving the planet from the bad guys" copout.

Square should hire me because I could help produce a much better version. The company won't, of course, because I'm not Japanese.

• 2 months later...

They should. FFVII is a game that desperately needs to be remade. I got the opportunity to play a copy a while back... The D-pad is a total pain when you have a Dualshock II, and there were parts of the game that were so buggy I couldn't pass them.

Yes they should, but then again I think more "die hard" FF fans would prefer 6 revamped :D Or at least I would. by far the best FF there is.

I would too. I've been fantasizing how good it would look on a modern system for a while. :)

• 3 weeks later...
They definitely should. I have a PS3, and I don't want to buy a PSX just to play FF7, with it's crappy graphics. I'd definitely play it if it came out for PS3.

The PS3 plays PSX games (all versions of the PS3 do). You don't need to buy a PSX.

Superstition - no no no no no. IF they remake it, they should not change a thing

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...