Should FF7 be released for PS3?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Yes or No? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Well?

1. Yes release it for PS3 (24 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No. It should be PSX only (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

squeeks

squeeks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
well, we saw a tech demo of it a while back, how many peolpe think sony and square should release Final Fantasy 7 with a completly updated UI for the PS3 keeping of course the original story.

Prawker

Prawker

InsanelyPrawker

• Retired
  • 1,118 posts
It definitely should be! Final Fantasy 7 is easily the best game in the entire series. I saw the technical demo too and it looks awesome. I was shocked to learn that it was not a pre-rendered movie either, the scenes in that demo were all being rendered on the spot. amazing ;)

Ayanami

Ayanami

How very.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
Nope...shouldn't be made for PS3 at all.
NOT AT ALL.

It should be written for Leopard =p

dark4181

dark4181

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:cars and computers
no. they should make original games, not make more money off a game everyone has played, or endless iterations of games everyone has played

Ayanami

Ayanami

How very.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
I've never played it.
I've seen shots of it.
I've seen the movie.
I want to play it.
I've still never played it.
I will never own a Playstation.
I still want to play it.

dark4181

dark4181

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
^emulation FTW

Ayanami

Ayanami

How very.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
Yeah...but...
I'd rather own the real deal.

dark4181

dark4181

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
that would involve owning a playstation, which you said you never would

four!

four!

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
God Damnit!

THEY TOTALLY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ALL SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION!

I love Final Fantasy VII. Easily my favourite game of all time. I don't think they should change the story at all just leave it as it is. Imagine how good the Golden Saucer would look!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing the PSX EBOOT on my PSP at the moment of FFVII. I get addicted every time I play it!

Ayanami

Ayanami

How very.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

that would involve owning a playstation, which you said you never would

What I meant is that I'd rather own a legal copy, and not use emulation. I know they make it for Windows....

nev6

nev6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:breaking beats.

What I meant is that I'd rather own a legal copy, and not use emulation. I know they make it for Windows....

it's just not the same... :o

luckily I dug up my psx.

unfortunately, I have a life now :( (that's subject to opinion though, I'm sure)

InorganicMatter

InorganicMatter

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
No way. Remaking a game that soon is just wrong. Remaking a game as terrible as FF7 should be a crime. :dev:

CLiDE FTW!!1

CLiDE FTW!!1

Lay off the pipe.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
Yes I would like to see Firefox 7 on PS3.

Special-K

Special-K

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, and Movies
They definitely shouldn't. Like dark said (paraphrased), remaking reiterations of games is stupid. They should just make another FF, leave 7 alone. It was awesome on PS1, and it will stay awesome there. No where else. I'll boycott if it comes out on PS3.

foodfightr

foodfightr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Chrono Trigger + Final Fantasy Tactics too please!

Berzerker

Berzerker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
They definitely should. I have a PS3, and I don't want to buy a PSX just to play FF7, with it's crappy graphics. I'd definitely play it if it came out for PS3.

djXtreme

djXtreme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes they should, but then again I think more "die hard" FF fans would prefer 6 revamped :( Or at least I would. by far the best FF there is.

superstition

superstition

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Yes they should, but then again I think more "die hard" FF fans would prefer 6 revamped :) Or at least I would. by far the best FF there is.

Yes, but the game should be expanded a lot to make it worthwhile for players. For instance, Square could allow players' choices to determine one of a number of paths the game would take ("what would happen if Aeris didn't die?" for example). One of Final Fantasy 7's main weaknesses is its linearity.

Square could also add depth to some of the characters, like Vincent, who were superficially presented. There are many parts of the existing game that could be improved. For instance, if Cloud asks a male player to take a ride on the Golden Saucer, the character does nothing... just sits there glaring. That's weak. Each character should, like the women, have something to say and do that represents their personality. The stereotyping of Barrett could be reduced and the dialog improved.

The plotline of moral ambiguity "what is terrorism?" could be extended and given more depth, as it was very interesting thematically but was replaced quickly in the game with the old "we're saving the planet from the bad guys" copout.

Square should hire me because I could help produce a much better version. The company won't, of course, because I'm not Japanese.

pentarch_paladin

pentarch_paladin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
They should. FFVII is a game that desperately needs to be remade. I got the opportunity to play a copy a while back... The D-pad is a total pain when you have a Dualshock II, and there were parts of the game that were so buggy I couldn't pass them.

Yes they should, but then again I think more "die hard" FF fans would prefer 6 revamped :D Or at least I would. by far the best FF there is.

I would too. I've been fantasizing how good it would look on a modern system for a while. :)

sarahbau

sarahbau

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

They definitely should. I have a PS3, and I don't want to buy a PSX just to play FF7, with it's crappy graphics. I'd definitely play it if it came out for PS3.

The PS3 plays PSX games (all versions of the PS3 do). You don't need to buy a PSX.

Superstition - no no no no no. IF they remake it, they should not change a thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy