9a499 first thoughts?

kevnaca

51 posts in this topic

It's quite good and stable, the only annoying thing I've found is that it's impossible to install Adobe Creative Suite 3 other than this, everything works fine for me, much better than any previous build.

BTW: Also spanish translation is almost finished!!! (9a466 was almost untranslated and there were many graphic glitches due to the translation)

hey i don't want to noe how but has the kernel for the 99 build cracked to run on pc yet???? By that i mean is it released for the public yet??

No.

It's on Demonoid, by the way.

It's because debugging was turned off in 9A499, whereas it was on in 9A466.

NeSuKuN, don't you mean CS2, instead of CS3?

I haven't used any crack yet, it's the installer's fault, the dialog which tells you to change disks freezes

I had the same problem in 9a466. I worked around it by copying the install discs onto the hard drive, then dragged all the contents of the other discs into the 'Master Collection Disk 1\Adobe CS3 Master Collection' folder. Then browse into the 'payloads' folder, open setup.xml with Dashcode, and remove the sections which tell it to use a different disc. So you end up with all the payload subfolders in the payloads directory, and the setup program realizes that from the setup.xml file. Make sure you preserve the same formatting as the other payloads when you remove the lines which tell it to use a different disc.

I love this build. So stable. I only have 2 bugs.

Stationary and Photo Browser in Mail.

And iPhone + iPhoto syncing does not work... sad face

Anyone wanna post some pics of things changed? Think secret mentioned google talk support. is this just the same jabber thing or does it support audio chat as well?

Is Archive+Install really 100% broken? Or is is it still usable? I have 400GB of files I can't back up...

PS-Pictures would be nice, as ThinkSecret still hasn't got their gallery up.

thanx ramm

r there going to be anymore beta builds before the big cat comes out in october?

It's a safe bet to say that there will be at least 2 more builds released before going GM. Also... (and this is just my theory) we will see a 10.5.1 patch sometime in late January...

I, of course, have nothing to back this up... just going on typical "development" experience and past events.

Guest MrRogers

It's definitely faster, but Final Cut Studio fails to install, and I can't live without my FCP. :thumbsup_anim:

*Goes back to 10.4.10*