Laptop Display black

ecalasans

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

After try many solutions I came here looking for help. I have a Toshiba P25-S609 with a NVidia GeForce FX Go5200; I have the 10.4.8 version of Mac OS X x86 installed. I've tried many .kexts(Natit, EFI, LaptopDisplay) to increase resolution of the screen but, every one of them made the laptop display black after the gray apple screen. When I connect a RGB monitor I can get the system. I've even tried the paperclip trick but it didn't work. On the RGB out I got the increased resolution.

How can I fix this problem? And how can I get the system working without reinstalling?

Please, help me. Thanks and waiting a solution.

Same problem for ages from _np's started tweaking all this things, but no solution till now, only we can hope for diabolic new project solution, if anybody knows how to activate internal display for such GO FX carfds plz post it. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people have successfully be able to get their NVidia GeForce FX Go5200 video cards to work correctly using NVidiaEFI 1.0.2 from macvidia.com. I've tried it out but it didn't work for me, though I suspect I didn't do something right. Could all so be the Toshiba screens because it seems that people are able to get those cards to work with other laptop manufactures.

Actually the problem is people not posting how they got it to work. :thumbsup_anim: