One computer can't see ATV

whocares

4 posts in this topic

So here is the situation/problem. I have an Apple TV that I used to have connected to an OSx86 machine for a while. I crashed it a while back when trying to bring it to 10.4.10. I reloaded it from scratch bringing it all the way to 10.4.10 and now the ATV will not see it. I did a factory reset on the ATV and that did nothing. I have two other computers, one MacBook pro, and one Windows machine. Both of those can see the ATV just fine. I have already gone through all the steps at apple.com including "reinstalling" iTunes. What am I missing??

• 1 month later...

I found a fix and thought I would post it. I can not take credit for it, Colonel described this fix for itunes not letting you authorize music, it works for this problem too.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry437871

"I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. "

This works like a charm.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Anyone Leopard OX86 and Apple TV ?mine nto connecting

Same issue here. :wacko: . I'm going to try the fix above. This is pretty much the main job of my OSX86 machine, to back up and serve as a Itunes server, so it's 1st on my list of fixes.