a little birdie says....

ukp

57 posts in this topic

It would be super cool of someone to simply upload the new System Preferences icon!!

Also, think it's possible to also extract the new dock feature and add that to the WWDC Beta ? And/or the new version of iChat?

I use parallels and Final Cut day to day , so there is no way i can use this new build, but i'd like to add the new shiny stuff :-)

^

That's so super cool of you !! Thanks !!!!

Do you think it's possible to somehow extract the new dock separator ? Not a big deal, i've just always liked that area to the right.

And iChat - well, that's a whole nother story - i can never get it to connect to m AIM account ... tried everything. Wonder if it is more usable/stable in this build.

Am I the only one who gave up about this BETA non sense? October is a month and a half away. + i need iMovie!

If iLife 07 doesn't get mentioned in the upcoming Keynote, then!... well i haven't decided what I would do. :)

Way too much for me! :DHope it works for you.

Thanks again - i copied the three files here:

System>Library>CoreServices>Dock>Resources

I assume this is where you found the files?

Well, copied them there, restarted and nothing changed. I assume you may have to upload the entire 'Dock.app'

Can we try this? Thanks again for your help :-)

:: EDIT ::

I see that 10 people have downloaded these images - has anyone found a way to incorporate them in the previous build? I'm not all that savvy on how to edit Core system files :-)

for the system prefs icon:

Go to /Application, and "show package contents" on System Prefs.app. go to Contents/Resources and drag PrefApp.icns to your desktop. Drag the new PrefApp.icns, authenticate, and replace.

Restart your dock by typing (in terminal) "killall Dock".

for the abbey road: don't know yet. i tried adding them to "resources" in /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app, but nothing happened. I hoped that Apple had put code in, but left out the images. no such luck.

all the easy solutions are disappearing from Leo.....

maybe someone can post the 499 dock.app? It could run on 466..... (but this might not be allowed, I'm not completely sure of the exact forum rules..)

If that's where he found the dock files, then I doubt the new images can be implemented in the WWDC build, since there is no divider files found in Resources. Maybe the divider reside somewhere else?! :wacko:

Thanks again - i copied the three files here:

System>Library>CoreServices>Dock>Resources

I assume this is where you found the files?

Well, copied them there, restarted and nothing changed. I assume you may have to upload the entire 'Dock.app'

Can we try this? Thanks again for your help :-)

:: EDIT ::

I see that 10 people have downloaded these images - has anyone found a way to incorporate them in the previous build? I'm not all that savvy on how to edit Core system files :-)

for the system prefs icon:Go to /Application, and "show package contents" on System Prefs.app. go to Contents/Resources and drag PrefApp.icns to your desktop. Drag the new PrefApp.icns, authenticate, and replace.Restart your dock by typing (in terminal) "killall Dock".for the abbey road: don't know yet.
Yeah, the pref icon was easy - don't know how to mod the dock.
If that's where he found the dock files, then I doubt the new images can be implemented in the WWDC build, since there is no divider files found in Resources. Maybe the divider resider somewhere else?! :wacko:
That's why i just want to try the 'dock.app' .... i bet you can simply replace it. Since it is directly tied to other services that have been modified in the new build (i would suspect).

Can anyone tell me how to make the battery icon transparent as well... it looks terrible with the white background...

Thanks!

Someone from macrumors forum post a link to the edited icons without the white background, grab them here:

http://artofadambetts.com/leopard.html

Note: These files are last updated in June, so they are just edited files from the 9a466 build.

Btw, has anyone figured out how to put the new dock seperator in the 9a499 build? I don't really want to upgrade!

after using it, id say its as stable as windows vista home premium :rolleyes: GGvistacrash.jpg

Little piggie says that he can give leopards the freedom to run outside their native environments.
i get it but wtf...lol