Post Your Leopard Desktop...

amcclane

58 posts in this topic

Long story short, im out of town for the summer, installed Leopard before i left and forgot my CD's... Luckily i was able to get some high speed and got my friend to e-mail my CS3 serials :D

So this is my dock in progress, the indicator was a experiment for some other dock i made. So v02 will have a new indicator, and the front bar too. And on v3, new app icons

Apps: Finder, Safari, Flock (awsome browser), Adium, iTunes, Transmission, KisMAC, CS3, NeoOffice (Open Office, without the need of x11), TextMate, UT04, NFS Carbon and Quinn. Bonus points to who can figure out the 2 albums on iTunes :P

post-49107-1185333218_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

DOCK

Browse to /System/Library/Coreservices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources

Locate the 3 files: scurve-sm, scurve-m, scurve-l, and scurve-xl

They are simply PNGs with alpha channels. They and the BG that is tilted to become your Dock 'table'. Do NOT tilt your custom images.

Then, you can replace the indicator-small and indicator-medium and indicator-large images.

If you're feeling adventurous, continue by replacing separator.png (once called Abbey Road).

MENU BAR

So far, no one has figured out how to change the transparency of the menu bar. SO, open your desktop picture in an image editor and add a 22px strip to the top. Plan on it being shown under the current menu bar.

Guest mrg11545

Ok i figured out customization but not how to add separators can someone help me

EDIT: also im working on trying to get an animation in the backround i can't remember if PNG's can be turned into animated images i think only GIF's can. Will some1 verify it for me

Long story short, im out of town for the summer, installed Leopard before i left and forgot my CD's... Luckily i was able to get some high speed and got my friend to e-mail my CS3 serials :P

So this is my dock in progress, the indicator was a experiment for some other dock i made. So v02 will have a new indicator, and the front bar too. And on v3, new app icons

Apps: Finder, Safari, Flock (awsome browser), Adium, iTunes, Transmission, KisMAC, CS3, NeoOffice (Open Office, without the need of x11), TextMate, UT04, NFS Carbon and Quinn. Bonus points to who can figure out the 2 albums on iTunes :P

The one album is Follow the Reaper from Children of Bodom. Not sure about the other album.