Windows Experience Index Scores

apowerr

106 posts in this topic

Slightly improved RAM performance, but decreased gaming graphics performance.

Back on 32 bit Windows, I updated my nvidia drivers and my graphics score went down by 0.2.

@NasT: Thinkpads own.

• 2 weeks later...

I beat all of you, hands down with a whopping 9.9 on the Index...see the attached Vista Experience Index attachment for your pwnage.

I installed Vista Ultimate on my Cray X1E (get yours here: http://www.cray.com/products/x1e/index.html).

No, but seriously, if you wanna bet your friends that you'll beat their score, try this on for size:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore.

2. Open up the most recent file in that folder. Make sure that your account has write access to that file. If not change the file permissions.

3. Parse the file looking for the WinSPR entry. (see my WinSPR attachment for what it looks like) These are the items you want to edit. The maximum value you can use is 9.9.

4. Save the file and you just turned your weak-ass system into a supercomputer.

5. Profit!

<_< Any proceeds from betting your unsuspecting friends can be donated to keep this site up.

Disclaimer: Before my little hacks I was 5.7... EVGA 680i, 4GB Corsair Dominator, GeForce 8000 (the 640mb version will get you the 5.7... get the 768mb version if you want the 5.9), WD Raptors, etc.

post-33268-1189542748_thumb.png

post-33268-1189542951_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

Whats your score. mine is 3.3 i am let down because of my ATi Radeon 256MB GPU....

Think Mark

Edited by Mebster
The second thread named "What is your Vista "Score"" starts here.

My poor 7300GT is keepin me down. :)

Edit: Figured I might as well post my Experience Index screenshot too.. It's kinda weird how the Aero rating is 2.6 and the gaming graphics rating is 3.5... oh well.. >_>

performancelz6.jpg

CPU: 4.7 - Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz

Ram: 4.9 - 2.00 GB

GPU: 3.1 - SAPPHIRE Radeon X1550 Series

Gaming Graphics: 3.6 - 1023 MB Total available graphics memory

HD: 5.3 - 20GB Free (74GB Total)

My GPU is the bottleneck of my computer, but it's doing fine with new games...Even Crysis was "playable" to the end, so no rush upgrading here...And plus I have been playing mostly Counter Strike Source and Team Fortress 2, and both run quite well.

I will probably wait until the nVidia 8800s drop to the $100 price range...

I got like 4.6 on a hot Pentium D 830 system (ASUS P5ND2-SLI, 1GB DDR2 667 RAM)...don't know how it got that high with an ATI Radeon X1300 Video Card :)

I bet my new system would score somewhat higher (specs in sig) but I'm not going to dare ruin a new system by sticking Vista on it :hysterical:

Vista_Rating.jpg

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping overclocked to 8x400 = 3.2ghz for 1:1 ratio with my memory.

HSF: Tuniq Tower 120 with a 5V Zalman 120mm fan pulling air through it from the back.

MOBO: ASUS P5K-E/WiFi-AP, P35 chipset, voltages upped all over this thing.

MEM: G.Skill DDR2-800 4x1GB at 800mhz (1:1 with CPU FSB :)), 4-4-4-12 timings at 2.0V

GFX: XFX 8800GT 512MB, BIOS flashed to 700/1750/1000 made possible with volt soft-mod to 1.1VGPU. Stock cooling :(

PSU: Corsair HX520, 520W Modular PSU

HDD1: WD SE16 750GB

HDD2: WD SE16 750GB

HDD3: WD SE16 500GB

HDD4: WD SE16 500GB

OS: Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1 Release Candidate Technical Refresh (Build 17128)

All packed inside a Lian-Li PC-V1100B Plus II case with all the fans replaced with Zalman 5V modded 120mm's; outputting to a Dell 2407WFP A03 revision display. The new smaller revised G15 keyboard, an MX518 mouse, and lastly the Logitech 5.1 speaker system. I really like my desktop. I keep my companion cube parked on top of it (gift from my GF :()

My MacBook scores a 3.0 which is limited by the integrated graphics card. It does Aero of course, but I have it turned off for power savings. My laptop is meant for lasting as long as possible for my classes and between those classes, I could care less about the graphics card performance. I generally stay in OS X on it, no reason to go into windows, although I have it set up and active inside of VMWare Fusion as well.