Windows Experience Index Scores

apowerr

106 posts in this topic

Windows Vista rates different aspects of your computer from 1 (I believe, possibly to 0) to 6. This feature, called the "Windows Experience Index" ties in with the "Games Explorer". Newer games that meet the "Games for Windows" standards will have a minimum and recommended subscore (which is your lowest score out of 5 scores). My results are as follows:

weize4.png

Processor: Socket 939 AMD Atlon 64 X2 4200+ ~2.2 Ghz

RAM: 2 GB DDR RAM

Video Card: nVidia 7800 GTX ~ 256MB (Im surprised it scored so highly!)

HD: 149 GB SATA2 HD ~7200 RPM

EDIT: I had forgotten to include "What are yours?" :(

This is what I get for using a cheap-ass video card LOL!

No, 4 is still pretty decent. A week or two ago I didnt have my 7800 GTX yet (got it from a friend who bought an 8 series and didnt need it any more), instead i had a 7600 GS. The 7600 GS got 4.6 Graphics and 4.4 Gaming.

Also, it seems you have a 7300 GT. The $2,500 Mac Pro comes standard with a 7300 GT. IMO thats BS, I know of so many computers from HP, Alienware etc that cost a lot less than the Mac Pro and come witha better video card standard.

Windows Vista rates different aspects of your computer from 1 (I believe, possibly to 0) to 6. This feature, called the "Windows Experience Index" ties in with the "Games Explorer". Newer games that meet the "Games for Windows" standards will have a minimum and recommended subscore (which is your lowest score out of 5 scores). My results are as follows:

weize4.png

Processor: Socket 939 AMD Atlon 64 X2 4200+ ~2.2 Ghz

RAM: 2 GB DDR RAM

Video Card: nVidia 7800 GTX ~ 256MB (Im surprised it scored so highly!)

HD: 149 GB SATA2 HD ~7200 RPM

EDIT: I had forgotten to include "What are yours?" :)

I have the same hardware, only x1800XT as a video card. And same score. This computer still works very fast for me-- it would be a sin to buy anything new right now.

I have the same hardware, only x1800XT as a video card. And same score. This computer still works very fast for me-- it would be a sin to buy anything new right now.

I know! I love my setup. However I am planning on getting a new monitor sometime this year (my current is only a 17'), and if I get a new monitor I will probably buy an nvidia 8 series.

mines 4.2 in 32 bit vista and 4.5 in 64 bit version

(specs in sig)

Im going to have to go x64 eventually. When I do, I will upgrade my HD (got a spare 250GB 7200 RPM drive) and dual boot with Linux XD.

• 3 weeks later...

5.7 base score

=D

ill post a shot after i get back

specs:

intel e6850 watercooled

evga 680i mobo

evga 8800gts superclocked 640mb ram

2x 1gb corsair ram (the fastest i could find.... ill figure that out again later.)

2x500gb hdd

I feel shame in myself.

Why should you? Poverty is not something to be ashamed of.

Having said that, clearly the weakest link in your system is your graphics card. If you could manage somehow to save some money and buy a better card, your score could jump.

It's not my fault I'm poor, honest!

My Toshiba P205 laptop running Vista home premium started out at 3.0, I hit the recalculate button the other day and now it's a 2.0. No changes besides updates (which won't load half the time), and putting OS X on a second partition have been made. The reliability of the "Windows Experience" measurement rates exactly as high as the Vista OS itself...a 0.25

Yet another example of how Microsoft leads the sheep in for shearing...I'll stick with OS X.

5.9 -- From what I've heard that's maxed... just built this a week or two ago...

Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz overclocked to 3.25 Ghz

2 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 (1066 MHZ)

150 GB WD Raptor

Asus P5K Deluxe Motherboard

XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 768 MB Video Card

It's like a tiny god.

post-6655-1188348097_thumb.gif

Capture.JPG

I'd overclock the CPU further, but I can't be bothered to get comfy overclocking this chip on this board when it's getting replaced by an X3210 soon... Plus, on stock voltage at 3.15GHz, it runs nice and cool :)

No idea what's going on with the HDD score. It was 5.6 on my old nForce 650i board, but I put that down to a shoddy SATA controller; I can't use that excuse now I'm using ICH8-R... How is it people are scoring 5.9 with current-gen 16MB 7200RPM SATA drives?