Antrix (private WoW server) running in OS X :)

sarahbau

73 posts in this topic

eAthena (another MMORPG emulator) also works like charm on OS X, I have a server at home. Did you modified anything in the source or built out of the box? in eAthena I only found a single bug which was reported and solved in current revisions (related to line-endings when writing data to disk)

The code itself didn't need to be changed, but I did have to do a lot of work on the configure and makefile files, and I had to change some header files. But other than that and making a couple symbolic links to directories it was looking for, it's basically the standard stuff.

I posted a how-to on the Antrix forum, but I'm not ready to release a binary yet. I want to test on another system first. If anyone wants to help me test the stability/speed of mine, the server is sarahbau.dyndns.org (just change it in the realmlist.wtf file - make a backup first). You can create an account here. Unfortunately even though accounts are created as soon as they are submitted, I have to manually reload the accounts in the logonserver, so accounts won't be available right away.

i will test it for u when i get home tonight... its +8 GMT over here, where i am... i heard the latest rev is going to have support for cluster systems... so which means that you can mirror other wow servers and ease off processor loads.... essentially, i think everyone can become one large antrix network.... what a cool vision...

I don't know what proxifier is. Are you trying to get around a proxy server at work or something?

bxsci, I'm not sure if your name will work or not. If it doesn't, just create a new account and let me know to delete it.

yea, i'm trying to get around the damned blocked ports at my work place...

they blocked everything except 80,8080 and msn..... so i had to use proxifier and tor... where proxifier will force wow's network packets thru the tor network...

i was playing wow fine on my ibm thinkpad t43, with Jas 10.4.9 installed.. it ran smooth, but it was a hog on cpu... then i switched to wat u can see below, and wow runs much much smoother now... lol..... and less hog....

I play on my Hackintosh with JaS 10.4.8 (same computer that's running the server), and it runs great. The server runs really well too. With 6 people on last night, it was only using 2.4% of the CPU (out of 200%). I just updated the server, but I can't see a difference yet. I'm still having a problem getting game scripts to work (like in Deadmines where Sneed pops out of the Shredder when it dies).

Oh, and the server is running Burning Crusade, but there is an option on the account creation page for if you have it or not (don't check the box if you don't have it, or you won't be able to log in).

It's probably that you don't have BC, and your account is flagged for it. The page now has the option for creating a Regular or Expansion account. Also, make sure you're running at least 2.1.1-6739. It won't work with 2.1.0-6729 or older.