Dual Booting Windows And Hackintosh

6 posts in this topic

Im 12 and I really want my Mac, im 600 dollars there. But in the meantime ive decided to install Hackintosh on my computer. I got it all installed and all, but it just wont boot (more on this later).

Here was my previous setup.. I am running Windows (Ugg) and Grub on HDA and Mandriva Linux on HDB. So I followed the instructions... I downloaded the torrent file and then got the img file with bit torrent. Then, i coppied that 1.3 gb disk image to an exernal hard drive... I then booted into linux and unzipped it. For some reason it would copy back onto the drive and would stop half way. So I went into the terminal and did it like I would of had to install the image on a "live CD." I put the image on HDB. So alll should be fine. Linux froze up duh because I installed the image over it. So I rebooted and the Grub growled at me, I got Error 17... I looked that up and aparantly it does not reconize HDB as a valid format. Im assuming that Mac OS X uses a format that GRUB does not recoize, i cannot get into windows now...

So I reboot again and just tell by BIOS to just boot the HDB drive, still no cigar. It says:

Varifiying DMI pool data...

And just stopps there...

I could get into windows though if i just remove my HDB so that isint the problem. I just need some help with that point...

Heres my specs...

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Now that i think about it, im not sure if that processor is SSE2)

1 GB of ram

Nvida GEForce 6400 Graphics Card

Intergrated USB and Ethernet

One 80 GB SATA Drive (Windows)

One 160 GB SATA Drive (Windows)

Thanks So Much,

Matt

I don't think there's been an sse2 athlon xp, indeed; you can check with CPU-Z to verify. Without at least sse2, no go.

I'm unsure about your install procedure... are you using the old 'deadmoo' image?

Anyway, when you make sure you have the appropriate hardware (see the OSx86 Wiki's Hardware Compatibility List - HCL), if you still have problem, specify which image/install dvd you used (jas, myz/tubgirl, uphuck, etc) and which guide you followed.