Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

i'm downloading at now for my turion laptop, so i will give a try tomorrow i think and coment how is the system, but actually for me, the best is jas 10.4.8...and the fastest uphuck 1.3 ;)

did you tried to install it natively??? (not in vmware)

i've a presario v2000 laptop (same specs as you, except processor (sempron)) and i would like to know if it is possible.

sorry my english...

I did. I let it run for about 15 minutes which was long enough to determine it would not work. With all previous versions, it took well over 24 hours to install it directly and when it was done, it wouldn't boot. So once I determined it would take forever to install, I stopped the attempt and did it with VMWare. Took 15-20 minutes.

That has to suck. It takes me about a total of 25 minutes to install OS X on my machine (which is a Dell Precision 340, it's old).

I also have a v2000 based laptop and takes fooorever to install. I think the Sb400 drivers needs to be loaded on the dvd for it to install properly. I hope it has SB400 on the dvd, this might be a solution for mobile x200 owners( fingers crossed)

It barely takes me an hour to install real Mac OS X on my real Mac with every single software option included.

That has to suck. It takes me about a total of 25 minutes to install OS X on my machine (which is a Dell Precision 340, it's old).

Nah, didn't suck at all this time. Took 15 minutes to determine it wouldn't install directly, 20 minutes to actually install it. If you actually use the system and don't just install it because it's there, that doesn't really amount to anything. Now that I have this down to a science, it takes another 10 minutes or so to hack existing drivers and add new drivers so all the hardware works. I've done harder things that this today. ;)

Oh....one other thing I noticed about this version...samba works without having to replace the kext file. Finally! I guess I will end up replacing 10.4.9 with this.

Any stability problems? I am downloading as we speak, I am going to replace the kernel with an 8.9.1 intel one and see if it works.

Installed easily but unfortunately i have no QE/CI. Since my 10.4.4 works perfectly, i do not have

the impetus to try to get them enabled. Deleted the partition. Anxiously waiting for october, i will be

giving it my all if a similar situation occurs with Leopard.

Installed easily but unfortunately i have no QE/CI. Since my 10.4.4 works perfectly, i do not have

the impetus to try to get them enabled. Deleted the partition. Anxiously waiting for october, i will be

giving it my all if a similar situation occurs with Leopard.

What kind of video card do you have?

My graphics card is in my signature.

When i istalled Jas 10.4.4 , the only custom things i checked were the 4 which had AMD in the title.

I don't know which one it is, but one of them is the magic elixir for obtaining QE/CI.

On the other hand, i have easily installed 10.4.7,10.4.9, and 10.4.10 but none of them enabled QE/CI.

It is just nonsense to run Mac OS X without QE/CI enabled. You can't do {censored} with a dvd unless

QE/CI are there.

Ah, yes, I guess I should pay more attention.

This is what the wiki says about your card (256mb):

Using JaS 10.4.8 DVD works 1024x768 only out of box. Can get full resolution/refresh rate control panel with Callisto drivers, but must edit ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin (replace IONDRVFramebuffer by CallistoFB) to get QE/CI working.

Conflictingly, on the right, it says it used Titan, and Natit was not tested. So, try either Callisto or Titan.

yeah, works great with my laptop, very fast, and all the hardware is correctly working..but i dunno how to get working the cool & quiet, any hint?

Thanks Tubgirl, great work, very clean

second opinion, at the 1st try, i can't install the server packages included in the 10.4.7 server dvd, says something like "sistem incompatible" or similar...gonna try a workaround

Ramm - reburnt the dvd in mAac and it works fine now - even shows and reads the sata HD I have - great. I bought a 250gb ide drive to install on but I migh reinstall on a 300gb sata if it'll be worthwhile?

Installed onto my SATA drive straight off the DVD, booted up fine. Initially I installed with the NV40 package but I couldn't boot all the way, it would stop at the login window or something, so I reinstalled without that package and it booted right up. I can see all my SATA and NTFS partitions, but I can't write to them... Any ideas? Uphuck 1.3 I was able to write no problems. I have the nForce4 Ultra chipset.

I have strange problem with my Club3D X1600 Video card. With uphuck's 10.4.9 evertything works great, but after tubgirl's update system shows message about having some problems with loading ATI kext file, and system stays in standard 1024x768 resolution without QE/CI support. After that I'm reinstall Diabolik X1600 and after restart GUI is completely frozen. Any sugestions?

My computer:

CPU: Athlon64 AM2 3000+

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Memory: 2GB Dual channel

Video: Club3D X1600Pro

Sound: Realtek ALC882

HDD: ATA 160GB, SATA 250GB