Forum update

37 posts in this topic

I know a couple of people, who helped alot who left just because they got sick of the site and the amount of noobs on it. These were people who were getting pm's from random users asking them to fix thier problems, most of them didnt care about the censoorship thing, and didnt care about the money (want it) they just left because the site slowly went downhill, like it still is today. More and more people with knowledge are leaving and all thats left is noobs teaching noobs, then it all becomes one big noob fest. There are becomign fewer and fewer users like rammjet and people like bofors who woiuld make guides that actually helped people. Also where this site used to be the crux of the community, most if not all of the talented people who advanced osx86 hacking have left this site because of the reasons above
All that, plus senior members getting no more respect than noobs who have never contributed anything (and I am glad BTW that bofors is getting some recognition).
EDIT: Just thought of one "A Ramm-fest" :wacko:
:wacko:

Hmph.

I don't find this funny in any way, you know damn-well I know more than 80- 90% of what the other people on this forum know, Kiko.

..and that is why this forum is doomed...

and yes alessandro, i also meant the senior members, and Soundless, Rammjett was one of the people i spoke with.

P.s: You know we love you Ramm :wacko:

AllOutMacsToday and Soundless you guys are posting like you're using some Instant Messenger service.

Say what you want and get it over with. Don't drag it over 6 posts with two lines a post. It's messy and babyish.

Oh, in that case, forget about the rest of us forum staff. Swad kept it up and running, nothing to do with Hagar, Metrogirl, Other, Macgirl, Ouch, Munky, Colonel, Kevin4e, and all other staff that were present at Swad's time here...

:blink:

ever since swad left as main admin, things have been going wayyyyy downhill, he was what kept this site up and running, thats jut my 2 cents

Sabr, what AllOutMacsToday said could very easily have come from me. I won't pretend to know exactly what he meant but if it was my words then I would have meant Mash was a glue holding us all together. He had a very likeable and fair character. With his departure the glue's gone and the staff in particular seem fragmented... causing the community to be fragmented leading to the breakup of the community.

We've always had great staff here. They give more than we ask for, which is a key reason this community grew as much as it did and we all feel so passionate about it. Outchie for me was a particular favourite because of our conversations back in the days and I know loads of people have their own. Hagar's been really nice and helpful to me the few times I've been on IRC, Munky has been really helpful on many many occasions and you've been brilliant helping more recently. But regardless of how great the staff are and how much they've helped and keep on helping, in my opinion without a strong (gluey) leader the staff become all out of sync. Which is what's happened here. We don't see most of them too often any more, but yet they hold staff membership (?). People go and come and go again(?) like they're creating records... ColdFushion tried to be the leader we needed so much but I'm sorry to say it just wasn't happening. Time will tell if the next guy will be any good.

I see the community looking to you for a direction for the only reason that you've been there a great deal for us recently, when we've needed it the most. You gave the news a bash, even though you were a Mod. You're extremely active around the site and always ready to help. You try you're best to fill us in when we're in the dark (I'm sure there are a few more things but I'm tired). These are exactly what made Mash so popular with the staff and the members. You're becoming the glue we need, which is why I was really pleased to see you promoted to an Admin.

Just want to say thanks.

AllOutMacsToday and Soundless you guys are posting like your using some Instant Messenger service.

Say what you want and get it over with. Don't drag it over 6 posts with two lies a post. It's messy and babyish.

Sabr, what AllOutMacsToday said could very easily have come from me. I won't pretend to know exactly what he meant but if it was my words than I would have meant Mash was a glue holding us all together. He was a very likeable and fair character. With his departure the glues gone and the staff in particular seem fragmented... causing the community to me fragmented leading to the breakup of the community.

We've always had great staff here. They give more than we ask for which is a key reason this community grew as much as it did and we all feel so passionate about it. Outchie for me was a particular favourite because of our conversations back in the days and I know loads of people have their own. Hagar's been really nice and helpful to me the few times I've been on IRC and Munky has been really helpful on many many occasions and you've been brilliant helping more recently. But regardless of how great the staff are and how much they've helped and keep on helping, in my opinion without a strong (gluey) leader the staff become all out of sync. Which is what's happened here. We don't see most of them too often but yet their are staff (?). People go and come and go again(?) like they're creating records... ColdFushion tried to be the leader we needed so much but I'm sorry to say it just wasn't happening. Time will tell if the next guy will be any good.

I see the community looking to you for a direction for the only reason that you've been there a great deal for us recently when we've needed it. You gave the news a bash, even though you were a mod. You're extremely active around the site and always ready to help. You try you're best to fill us in when we're in the dark (I'm sure there are a few more things but I'm tired). These are exactly what made Mash so popular with the staff and the members. You're becoming the glue we need, which is why I was really pleased to see you be promoted to an Admin.

Just want to say thanks.

holy {censored}, you pretty much read my mind, i did mean it like that, i was gonna say like the glue holdin us together!

AllOutMacsToday and Soundless you guys are posting like your using some Instant Messenger service.

Say what you want and get it over with. Don't drag it over 6 posts with two lies a post. It's messy and babyish.

Sabr, what AllOutMacsToday said could very easily have come from me. I won't pretend to know exactly what he meant but if it was my words than I would have meant Mash was a glue holding us all together. He was a very likeable and fair character. With his departure the glues gone and the staff in particular seem fragmented... causing the community to me fragmented leading to the breakup of the community.

We've always had great staff here. They give more than we ask for which is a key reason this community grew as much as it did and we all feel so passionate about it. Outchie for me was a particular favourite because of our conversations back in the days and I know loads of people have their own. Hagar's been really nice and helpful to me the few times I've been on IRC and Munky has been really helpful on many many occasions and you've been brilliant helping more recently. But regardless of how great the staff are and how much they've helped and keep on helping, in my opinion without a strong (gluey) leader the staff become all out of sync. Which is what's happened here. We don't see most of them too often but yet their are staff (?). People go and come and go again(?) like they're creating records... ColdFushion tried to be the leader we needed so much but I'm sorry to say it just wasn't happening. Time will tell if the next guy will be any good.

I see the community looking to you for a direction for the only reason that you've been there a great deal for us recently when we've needed it. You gave the news a bash, even though you were a mod. You're extremely active around the site and always ready to help. You try you're best to fill us in when we're in the dark (I'm sure there are a few more things but I'm tired). These are exactly what made Mash so popular with the staff and the members. You're becoming the glue we need, which is why I was really pleased to see you be promoted to an Admin.

Just want to say thanks.

Thanks AcePlayer. Maybe I was a bit harsh with my words when I replied to AllOutMacsToday, but I guess I just wanted to make sure the rest of the staff were recognised for the awesome work they've done. And I must say, the Moderators (particularly Hagar) have given me a great deal of direction and guidance whenever I've been stuck on something during my time as Admin. It's not all just me. ;)

I was going to say, absolute power corrupts all. But that isnt entirely correct
Not really. Saddam Hussein was doing a nice job until the American's got their fat ass in the way :)

Can we try not to stroll off topic? ;)

- Sabr.