Forum update

37 posts in this topic

A lot has happened over these past week or two. ColdFusion, Colonel, and cmoski were retired and Other was reinstated as Admin, without any explanation whatsoever. I apologise for leaving you all in the dark for way too long. So here is my attempt to update all of you with what's been happening recently.

First on my list, is ColdFusion's retirement. This was due to reasons outside of InsanelyMac, and is not be related to it in any way. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with any more information than that at this time.

As you may or may not know, replacing ColdFusion will be do1 (aka Ed). You may have seen him on the forum recently. Ed will be doing his best to take over Jim's role and responsibilities.

Colonel's retirement was due to his personal thoughts and feelings towards the forum. It has nothing to do with ColdFusion's retirement. It was just coincidence that they both fell at around the same time.

cmoski's retirement was out of human error. I'll put my hands up to this, and admit that it was completely my fault. The message that was thought to have been sent to cmoski never arrived in the first place. I incorrectly assumed that cmoski never responded to my message, and therefore I went on to retire him. As you can imagine, I am feeling quite stupid right now, but it was a genuine mistake on my part. As you can most probably understand, from cmoski's point of view, this would've looked incredibly rude. I apologise for the way you were retired cmoski - I understand how it must've looked from your side of things.

Lastly, Other has been reinstated as an Admin. He asked to become part of the staff again, and we thought this was a fantastic opportunity to welcome him back. Other has a great understanding of IPB, and his past experience is invaluable to InsanelyMac.

I hope this clears up a lot of questions and from now on, I will try my best to keep you all updated in the future.

Regards,

- Sabr. :D

nice to see other back again

Now only if we could convince sHARD>> to come back... :P

(j/k)

Thanks for clearing all that up, Sabr. It was getting confusing. :angel:

And fix your avatar(again). ;)

First on my list, is ColdFusion's retirement. This was due to reasons outside of InsanelyMac, and is not be related to it in any way. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with any more information than that at this time.
Fair enough.

Colonel's retirement was due to his personal thoughts and feelings towards the forum. It has nothing to do with ColdFusion's retirement. It was just coincidence that they both fell at around the same time.
OMG so much drama. How are we ever supposed to recover if people are gona leave, come back and then leave again? I know Colonel is a great member and everything but the way people are retiring is almost like they get a pension from it.

cmoski's retirement was out of human error. I'll put my hands up to this, and admit that it was completely my fault.... As you can imagine, I am feeling quite stupid right now, but it was a genuine mistake on my part.
Got to say I'm glad you owned up to it. Currently you're directing and influencing this site more than all the other staff put together and I'm pleased to know we seem to be in honest hands.

As you can most probably understand, from cmoski's point of view, this would've looked incredibly rude. I apologise for the way you were retired cmoski - I understand how it must've looked from your side of things.
Although it's unforgivable to be retired without being contacted to at least be notified of your status I have to also fac facts. cmoski is not a very active member of this forum. In fact he probably hasn't written in months. I thought he was like Outch who had actually retired, without going through the official process. I just hope cmoski shows himself a little more here on the forum as well as IRC.

Lastly, Other has been reinstated as an Admin. He asked to become part of the staff again, and we thought this was a fantastic opportunity to welcome him back. Other has a great understanding of IPB, and his past experience is invaluable to InsanelyMac.
I really hope having a key member from the good old days back and kicking will help us go back to the OSX86project days. other skills and experience were missed greatly when he left. So were/are shards>>. Just hope shard>> will also decide to come back and join the team.

I'm just wondering if Outch was told he would be retired be he was because I don't want Outch coming back creating another thread like cmoski's.

kevin_4e good to see you around.

BTW what happened to my Super-Duper Admin badge? :)

even tho' i'm a PUNK and i'm NEW .... i have the right to say sumttin .... the thing are gettin worse ........ the best and the coolest ppl are retiering and the guyz with experience are leaving the people who'm did everything to make the impossible take place ..... i PERSONNALLY ....WONT CONTINUE LOOKIN @ the SITE no more .. i'll leave it .... without 'em the SITE WILL SUCK (no offense for anyone nor the replacers ) but the soul of the site will be taken out !! SO PLZ DON'T LEAVE !!

wait, you just said that you are going to leave, then you told us not to leave? i don't know why people got pissed off at the fact that money changed hands when the site was sold. ( i don't want to start an argument about tht now)

ever since swad left as main admin, things have been going wayyyyy downhill, he was what kept this site up and running, thats jut my 2 cents

Oh, in that case, forget about the rest of us forum staff. Swad kept it up and running, nothing to do with Hagar, Metrogirl, Other, Macgirl, Ouch, Munky, Colonel, Kevin4e, and all other staff that were present at Swad's time here...

:)

I know a couple of people, who helped alot who left just because they got sick of the site and the amount of noobs on it. These were people who were getting pm's from random users asking them to fix thier problems, most of them didnt care about the censoorship thing, and didnt care about the money (want it) they just left because the site slowly went downhill, like it still is today. More and more people with knowledge are leaving and all thats left is noobs teaching noobs, then it all becomes one big noob fest. There are becomign fewer and fewer users like rammjet and people like bofors who woiuld make guides that actually helped people.

Also where this site used to be the crux of the community, most if not all of the talented people who advanced osx86 hacking have left this site because of the reasons above