Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

It's almost there. More information on http://www.uphuck.com/

Let's discuss the 1.4i here!

Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD

v1.4i is designed for Intel Architectures only. In this release, we integrated our

Intel_only binaries and trimmed almost all ppc code from the Base System.

It includes eskurza’s Intel_only Extensions. v1.4i is 1.4gb in size and is a convenient way of installing OSX on generic PCs.

Menu Selection:

1 - Select Uphuck 10.4.9 Intel Package as base system installation.

2- Only Universal Kernel - 3 is included in this release.

3- Select Appropriate Video Adapter and the complementary AGPgart or Natit/Titan.

Uphuck v1.4ix 10.4.9 Installation DVD

v1.4ix is designed for Intel Architectures only. In this release, we integrated our Intel_only binaries and trimmed all ppc code from the system. This Extreme Version of our DVD contains only intel coding. PPC based applications will not function due to Rosetta being removed completely. All Frameworks are converted into Intel_only state. v1.4ix is highly optimized for Intel machines. With this version, you will experience the fastest and most responsive OSX install.

Important Information:

Please read the ReadMe carefully. The known issues and other related information is included prior to installation. Always check the md5 of the iso before burning. We recommend that you burn the image with minimal speed as possible. The DVD is supplied in .cdr format. You can easily burn this image using OSX diskutil or you can use any Nero version. For Nero, remember to change the extension from .cdr to .iso prior to burn attempt.

During installation, Make sure to select only 1 kernel, 1 Video Driver and 1 Natit/Titan and/or AGPgart combination. Mixing these might cause conflicting hardware configuration.

Great to hear.

Being new to OSX86 and having a system close to eskurza's but having installation trouble (probably noob related) ... would this happen to include common drivers for common notebook hardware or is it pure core files and then you still need to manually hack your way to ethernet, wifi & audio?

[Edit] Looking at two available screenshots for the v1.3 installer, it would seem to solve (hopefully) a couple hurdles I have with JAS. Can't wait!

Hi Erhnam, Thanks for the heads up on this next release. For Intel users this should definitely speed up the install process and eliminate any confusion. Getting very Applelike now...with specific OSX versions for specific machines. I was wondering if there is a reason that this version is still 10.4.9. Are there compatibility problems with 10.4.10? If not, what update procedure do you recommend to be most compatible with this release? Thanks.

Ramm that error is users bad, not the os or dvd.

Argh, sorry if that sounded offensive. I just meant that hopefully it will be a nice working installation for most people.

@Erhnam i am working on it :P:D

@ddrdark ich9r has no problems for installing by a sata dvd drive and u will need some drivers for ide after installation according to feedbacks I got..

thanks 4 the reply, uphuck :D

PD: this post include the 1.4i Xtreme versión?

how bout a evga 680i sata patch ;) i would love you forever uphuck... to the point of monetary compensation :)

seriously though, i've read about your work, and although i don't have a hackintosh (mostly because i want the evgta 680i in my new rig) i think you're doing wonderfully

It's good this version only includes one kernel. I think with your previous versions, a lot of people were getting confused by which kernel to choose.