• PipPip
  • 97 posts

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Very dumb indeed, because the lack of an accent.

BTW Babelfish does not have this problem though.

niteice

niteice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Eh. Kinda pointless. It's more fun translating All Your base into Japanese and back. ;)

Metrogirl

Metrogirl

Resistance is futile...

• Retired
  • 1,177 posts
I work a lot with European colleagues and although I can speak/read several languages I usually run their documents through Systran because it's easier to read at speed and I can refer to the original text for the bits that get screwed up. I run my replies through Systran for a sanity check; it's a good program and the basis for BabelFish, I believe. Where Systran really creates howlers is in its attempted translation of people's names. "Dear Mr Cake-Thumper", "Mr Basher" or "Madam Drinking-Jug" for example. Oh, dear.

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
Sorta OT. But I lived in Japan for a while (college, after college, work, etc). It is amazing the amount of stuff that is just translated into English and makes like no sense. I always wished they would have hired college kids like me at the time to translate it so it sounded ok. :happymac:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy