Official : koolkal 10.4.10 intel combo sse2 & sse3 V2

chival4ry

62 posts in this topic

Now that sounds bad - do you have QE/CI activated? Any GMA900 patches installed?

Yes, fully accelerated neat.

Actually I figured that if you install both packages GMA900 and GMA950 - the funky blue screen issue is less frequent. I looked everywhere 4 a solution. It might only be me...

regarding uphuck 1.4i,

install appleSMBios.kext.netbas -> that fixes CS3 not installing

VGA/Intel (both gma 900 and 950)

IOATAxxx.kext v1

PowerManagement Bundle

LoginWindow 10.4.4

Audio, Network and wireless need patching look in the OSx86 HCL wiki

regarding wireless it really depends on the miniPCI card you have.

Had the ACPI kernel panic at final part of installation (window that prompts restart needed) and then upon reboot.

THis was upgrade from uphuck v1.3.

Did not troubleshoot it. Wiped the partition and reinstalled uphuck 1.3

I'm getting a kernel panic with this on my desktop. I tried the universal/SSE2 on a P4 3.2C, P4C800-E Deluxe, and GeForce 6800 Ultra.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003AB83F): Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI".

Debugger called: <panic>

[Stack Trace]

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Mon Apr 23 20:42:18 EDT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

-v gives me "Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform"

I replaced AppleACPIplatform.kext with the backup and it still gives me the same error. Single user mode kernel panics.

I'm getting a kernel panic with this on my desktop. I tried the universal/SSE2 on a P4 3.2C, P4C800-E Deluxe, and GeForce 6800 Ultra.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003AB83F): Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI".

Debugger called: <panic>

[Stack Trace]

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Mon Apr 23 20:42:18 EDT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

-v gives me "Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform"

I replaced AppleACPIplatform.kext with the backup and it still gives me the same error. Single user mode kernel panics.

Look at my 1st post on the 1st page. ( [3] 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 ( josh256 ) : 9 kexts )

Yes, fully accelerated neat.

Actually I figured that if you install both packages GMA900 and GMA950 - the funky blue screen issue is less frequent. I looked everywhere 4 a solution. It might only be me...

regarding uphuck 1.4i,

install appleSMBios.kext.netbas -> that fixes CS3 not installing

VGA/Intel (both gma 900 and 950)

IOATAxxx.kext v1

PowerManagement Bundle

LoginWindow 10.4.4

Audio, Network and wireless need patching look in the OSx86 HCL wiki

regarding wireless it really depends on the miniPCI card you have.

and guess what, with this last kernel (uphuck 1.4) SLEEP works!

Hhmm, think I did something wrong... 1.4i was no success here, the PC was constantly rebooting before Darwin even loaded*. I got back to 10.4.8, which was really stable. Although sleeping with 1.4 sounds very promising, maybe I`ll do a second try later.

Dr. C

*EDIT: ...which I guess was a problem with the MBR. As I need the PC right now, 1.4i have to wait a little more ;)

*EDIT2: Tried the 10.4.9 once again:

- English only

- Graphic performance (GMA900 driver used) seems worse compared to 10.4.8

- Annoying crashes, e.g. if I open Network in System Preferences

- Sleep won`t work for me - the display wakes up, but system freezes afterwards

--> re-installed JaS 10.4.8, which is *much* smoother

...sorry for posting this in a 10.4.10 thread, this will be my last post here regarding 10.4.9 :huh:

Success :wacko: SSE2

Base:

- Clean Install from 10.4.6 JaS (thanks to JaS for the hard work on earlier versions).

- koolkal 10.4.10 intel combo sse2,sse3 (thanks koolkal too for the good work).

Procs:

- Installed koolkal combo.

- Installed netkas smbios.

- replaced acpip,acpi,ioata... and whatever the kernel rejected (trial and error inserting a variety of kernel modules, deleting .mkext and .kextcache at every boot).

- Fixed permissios.

Some cons:

- CPU fan is always on. (I think it has to do with some ACPI issues..)

- About this mac, crashes even with the patch that koolkal included in the combo. If you run about this mac with rosetta everything works fine.

- NTFS support, causes diskarbitration to bring messages in 'dmesg' at first boot.

Specs:

- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood SSE2 @ 1.6Ghz - 512mb RAM.

- VGA: S3 Graphics SuperSavage IXC 1179.

- MOBO: Intel 845MZ

Working ethernet [intel PRO 100] and audio [AC'97] out of the box.

Cheers :unsure:

Netkas's AppleSMBIOS.kext does make AE CS3 work, but it cause FCP2 to crash on opening.

I've found the same thing with Netkas' version. AppleSMBIOS v1.0.6 seems to work on every setup I've tried. I did need to re-install it after KoolKal's 10.4.10 update.

I think you should try it. I had the same install from JaS on my Dell XPS GEN2 M170 and just did the KoolKal Update. It was successful. Machine is now 10.4.9. FYI: I selected the SSE2 Universal Kernel and related divers based on my hardware. Upgrade was smooth.Another point. Before upgading, I created a disk image of my current working 10.4.8 install using Bombich's "NetRestore". Google it. It will make an exact copy of your current OSx86 install in ASR DMG format. If your upgrade fails you can then boot to the JaS CD, get ino Disk Utility and restore tht DMG you created onto the original partition it came from. I have done this countless times during testing. It works well. I hope this helps. It's all part of the great experiment :) . Good luck. URD

can i update Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].. using this koolkal update?
By the way, thank you KoolKal. Upgrading was smooth as glass. Thanks to all that contributed to the update, and to this entire forum for that matter. All of the hard work is appreciate. Upgraded from JaS 10.4.8 on my Dell XPS GEN2 M170.Thank you!URD
I think you should try it. I had the same install from JaS on my Dell XPS GEN2 M170 and just did the KoolKal Update. It was successful. Machine is now 10.4.9. FYI: I selected the SSE2 Universal Kernel and related divers based on my hardware. Upgrade was smooth.Another point. Before upgading, I created a disk image of my current working 10.4.8 install using Bombich's "NetRestore". Google it. It will make an exact copy of your current OSx86 install in ASR DMG format. If your upgrade fails you can then boot to the JaS CD, get ino Disk Utility and restore tht DMG you created onto the original partition it came from. I have done this countless times during testing. It works well. I hope this helps. It's all part of the great experiment :D . Good luck. URD

So does this update work well with P965 motherboards, i've been hearing wonderful news for P945 motherboards. I basically want to update since I hear it fixes a wifi network problem for my pci-express wifi adapter. Is itpossible to just update that instead of the rest? or it recommended to update all with my P965 board? thanks for your time.

I'm downloading this atm (I am dreaming of both cores working). I have been looking around to see if there were chances that this upgrade would work on my Inspiron 6400 Graphic 945GM.

CPU-Z tells me that my CPU supports SSE3 instructions so I wonder if I should go Intel SSE3 HPET only OR the universal kernel.

If any of you happens to know what I should, drop a line.

Will give you updates of my upgrade.

Well, Updating to kernel 8.10.1 was a sucess, upgrading to 10.4.10 wasn't: It killed my installation.

All I would like is to enable both core sucessfuly. Meh, I'm not very skilled lmao

Luckily, I had my partition all backed up.

Nonetheless, thanks everyone for all the help

Hi!

Update works like it should at the installing stage.

After restart, my screen stays white, no dashboard pop ups.

After resetting two times I was back on desktop with an installed 10.4.10 but

there is no sound :D Where is the problem, can I fix it?

Using

Uphuck 1.4i R3

Nvidia G7300 (Natit 0.2 installed)

Sound on board using azialla

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Hello,

after applying this update my laptop acer intel 945 reboot perfectly, everthing seems to be fine but, there are allways a but, my screen is black totally black, no desktop, no dock icon, just the cusor of the mouse, osx works i can launch some apps, sound work, network work,

but I can't see nothing, except the cursor of the mouse,

a little help, will be very usefull ^_^

thanks

with the "-x" option at darwin boot prompt

OSX run in vesa mode, now I can view my desktop but I don't have core acceleration

I try to reinstall manually the gma950 package, but when I reboot, I still have the black screen (after several years of windows 95 and "the blue sreen of death", I don't want to start whith "the black screen of death" 8)

some people have this problem with nvidia or ati graphic card, but I don't find any answer about intel gma 950

any suggestion ?

many thanks for who save me from that fu&ééé)à"çé problem !

with the "-x" option at darwin boot prompt

OSX run in vesa mode, now I can view my desktop but I don't have core acceleration

I try to reinstall manually the gma950 package, but when I reboot, I still have the black screen (after several years of windows 95 and "the blue sreen of death", I don't want to start whith "the black screen of death" 8)

some people have this problem with nvidia or ati graphic card, but I don't find any answer about intel gma 950

any suggestion ?

many thanks for who save me from that fu&ééé)à"çé problem !

Specs:

HP DV6103nr

Intel Integrated Graphics 950

Intel Solo Core 1.83

koolkal update 10.4.10

The update worked very well on my computer. However, when i installed it, i DID NOT use any patches. Right after the update, the sound didn't work, nor did the display. I got the blue screen and had to use an external monitor. For the GMA950 to work correctly, i replaced the newer kexts with my 10.4.8 Jas kexts. These are the kexts that I replaced.

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

So those w/a GMA950 w/a blue screen, that's how you solve the problem. Have you tried plugging the comp to an external display?

Upgrade to 10.4.10 is successful for me, the only problem is my RAM is reported incorrectly. It used to report 4GB in 10.4.9 but it only report 3.12GB after the upgrade. Anyway to fix this, or what kext do i need to replace with the old one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tommy

Hi all,

This update worked perfectly for me.

I got a kernel panic the first time i tryed. I figured out it was caused by the acpicputhrottle.kext which is not yet available for the new kernel.

I tryed a fresh install and wouaouaouaou!!! it's fast!

My wifi connection also seems to be more stable and and got the sleep function to work without doing anything... (it didn't work in 10.4.8).

So maybe i'm very lucky or my board is the perfect one but this update is PERFECT unless you have a laptop (which requires the speedstep function).

So THANKS KOOLKAL, you made my install really fully working!

By the way ROBVAL i use GMA950 but not on a laptop... and everything worked without doing anything but clicking on OK/ACCEPT/REBOOT...

Can Anyone with SSE2 tell me if it works? i cant get it to work.. --o

Dell 9300

Intel pentium M - SSE2

nvidia 6800

Have working 10.4.9 uphuck 1.4i r3

thanks for reading =)

I have no working OS X anymore :(

Koolkal wasn't the best choice, I think. I have no idea how to get it back again, and I miss it.

I have copied back the kext-s from the backup folder, but how can I back my old kernel?

What else did it change?