Webcam Acer Orbicam driver

winxp

35 posts in this topic

I have also come across this topic as my internal webcam does not work :-)

I am not an expert so I cannot do any magic here. The first thing I have learnt with ACER is that they have a {censored} way of implementing hardware. On mine and I understand many laptops - things like bluetooth, wireless PCIe, and webcams all need a soft switch to turn on. As far as I can tell ePower Management (windows) has this softswitch in it.

Thus for those that do not even see the webcam in System Profiler (USB section) this may be your problem. Good Luck, I have recently sent an email into the black hole (Acer Support) but do not expect a reply.

For those that get a blink out of your webcam then the above is not your problem.

I have tried about 5 different OSX versions and have never got better than a blink from my webcam. Due to other reason I am now staying with 10.5.4 (relatively new release from Atkosv.4) Here I do not even get a blink.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

The Orbi Cam (Ali) driver (Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0402:5602) is simply {censored}. No documentation for it. The linux driver released in 2 months so hopefully the osx will soon but I do not see any development activity in the net. :(

Regards

G

err hi

well i have posted this everywhere i think it should be posted

i have lenovo y300 with ali m5602 chip camera

and it doesnt work as we all know

i mean it doesnt even work in pip macam ioxperts camcamx etc

so any one knows how to make this cam work??

and abt macam

well i mailed them the documentation looooooooong ago but they dint reply

they basically wanted the usb prober output

i'm running leopard 10.5.7

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have Acer Aspire 5570z (5573ZNWXMi). I've used Mac OS X 10.4.11 since a week. For AcerOrbiCam, at first I have a problem because I couldn's use it. But then I replaced IOPCIFamily.kext with the Chu-Nan one. It works on some apps like Yahoo Messenger. On iChat it gives me green screen. Anyone comment about this kind of notebook?

in about this mac if it doesnt detect in the sub settings as acer orbicam i cant help if it does use cam twist then launch the preview box then light should come on and a picture should be displayed if not repair permisions and restart then try again but camtwist does crash or freeze the webcam often so its not a stable solution

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...