GMA 950: openGL doesn't work.

alexrah

7 posts in this topic

I'm on a 10.4.8 hackintosh, gma950 as said, everything work good, mean expose and 2d apps but when i try to load SecondLife it crashes suddenly all the time after loggin in, and worse, Alias Maya8.5 displays weird colors for the Shaders applied to the models when i move objects in the viewport and select/deselect...

any clue?

post-115245-1184090529_thumb.png

its not open gl... its the GMA card. it has very basic 3d acceleration even thought it has qe/ci doesnt mean its a high end card. QE/CI just meas that Mac OS X has drivers for the card basically and its fully supported.

and you do need a card with hardware transform+lighting

but....

post-115245-1184269428_thumb.png

therefore i thought it was fully support even on hackintosh, and i cannot imagine SF or maya dont running on real macbook, meanwhile both work good on XP

so, the gma950 kext is modified to load on hackintosh?

post-115245-1184269880_thumb.png

meanwhile installing Xcode, im trying logging what the driver do, but a really dont know a bit of debugging video drivers hehe

statistics_openGLprofiler.txt

Maya doesnt run on mackbooks very well... thats wy macbooks arent that expensive. Maya's recommendations are a mac book pro wich has much better ATI or Nvidia graphics.

Maya doesnt run on common low end $400 PC's very well. so Apples low end systems are the same.

GMA950 only has shared memory after 64mb so the card only has 64mb of video the rest is shared and mac doesnt support shared wich is better for your system.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...