Force VMWare Fusion to run XP Media Center?

6 posts in this topic

Is There anyway to force VMWare Fusion to run XP Media Center? cause i know that Windows XP Media Center Edition is built from XP Professional so theres no real reason it shouldnt be able to run it... all i know besides that, is that i cant "Upgrade" my windows MCE partition to Professional because technically that is a Downgrade... if anyone knows a way to either: Force VMWare Fusion to use MCE, or Downgrade to WinXP Professional from WinXP MCE... please let me know

the thing is, i want to boot from an already installed Windows XP MCE Partition... ive been hearing that it should show up as boot camp for compatible partitions... so basically if i could somehow "rename" the partition (in a manner of speaking) to make VMWare see it as XP Pro, thatd be great

MCE is booting for me just fine under VMware Fusion and Parallels (converted the vmware disk for it). I used the VMWare converter to convert a real partition that had it installed.

Boots just fine. NOt sure why you are having trouble.

In fact other than the fact it throws a notice about the video drivers, the MCE frontend works too.

• 1 month later...

Windows Media Cener runs just fine in VMWARE FUSION. Just install it the same way as if you were installing Windows XP Pro. The real trick is.. what are you going to go about a video tuner? I dont think the PCI windows card will work. Might have to go with USB device.

I am trying to get that done myself.