Sleep on an Asus P5LD2?

Blurn

7 posts in this topic

OK, so a lot of people have sleep with these new HPET kernels. When I was running 10.4.9 I had the kernel that was specifically meant for sleep and throttling. It would actually sleep and my power LEDs would dim in and out. When I tried to wake it the computer actually started a boot sequence, like when I would restart or shut down. It may be a problem with USB as my KB and mouse use it. When it is in sleep mode I can "wake" it by pressing a button on my KB or moving the mouse. Once again it just reboots. I have read some comments on Netkas' flux site saying that P5LD2 works with sleep and the new 10.4.10/8.10.1 version. It just does the same "boot" thing. Hopefully someone can shed some light on my issue... Here are my system specs and info:

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 R2.0

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (OC@2.8 GHz - Sleep still doesn't work when running at stock.)

Memory: 2GB Off-brand DDR2 667MHz

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT (512MB) -> Quadro FX5500 ROM (Sleep doesn't work either way.)

OS: 10.4.10 (History: JaS 10.4.8 -> JaS 10.4.9 -> New Netkas Sleep Kernel -> Newer Netkas Kernel with Sleep and Speedstep -> 10.4.10 w/ New Kernel 8.10.1)

Kernel: Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

Thanks.

Blurn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also having the same problem, with the exact same board, but I have an E2180 O/C'd to 3.2ghz, and a 7600GT.

Actually, I haven't even found the exact steps on how to upgrade the kernel to 10.4.10 (I am on 10.4.9 with 8.8.1). Sleep has been elusive-- I haven't found a way to get sleep to work reliably.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem here, similar board, same OSX upgrade path and current kernel...

Havent found any solutions searching around the forums. I was hoping for a more up to date kernel that could help (may is about 5 months ago) but havent seen anything out there.

My video seems to attempt to sleep, but powers back on after a few seconds, so it goes on/off over and over. I disabled the monitor sleep function cause i was worrying it may damage my monitor doing that all night.

Anyone out there with some ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I realize this is an ancient thread --

but to anyone searching this:

I finally got system sleep to work with my P5LD2

Bios settings:

Menu:Advanced-> CPU Configuration

--set Execute Disable Function to Enabled

Menu:Power ->

Set Sustpend mode to Auto

Set Repost Video on S3 Resume to Yes

ACPI APIC Support toe Enabled

And I also typed in the code I think from the link in this thread that dsiables "safe sleep" mode as I recall .

So now the system sucessfully emerges from system sleep when I push the power button.

It used to just make noise and never show video. (think it was just the CPU function setting that did it)

My vid card is x1950xt by sapphire.