ATI Radeon x600 + Callisto not working 10.4.8, ---My version!

3 posts in this topic

Okay, enough have been said on this topic, but my version is little different:

Did fresh installation of Mac OS X JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel via VMWare on a Windows XP machine. All went smoothly, rebooted OK. Then installed Callisto b008, followed the instruction to the letter, reboot. Now the problem is: I don't have the reported problems at all: boot failure, out of range, flickering, etc., just as I did not install anything, but I can't change the resolution (only 1024x768) is available.

I then checked extensions in the Profiler, and didn't see Callisto there, wondering why and I did manual loading kext with:

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto.kext

no error reported, says valid extension or something.

To make sure, I add the above line to the /etc/rc file at the top, on next reboot, I saw loading the extension was a success, and the package appears in the Profiler. But after another reboot, it was gone again.

The same procedure was applied to Callisto b006, same problem. I've even re-installed 10.4.8 for three times, same thing.

Anyone have experience on this? Thanks for the input.

By the way, the Device ID reported by Windows is 5b62, by VMWare is 0405, of course I tried both multiple times. Exactly which on should I use?