S Video TV Out on Intel GMA 900

pratik5705

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have uphuck 10.4.9 installed on my dell xps m140 laptop. the graphics worked great after intall with no mdifications to any text. i had to add a pin to the vga out port to get it to boot.

my question is, is there support for s video out to a tv using the built in s-video out port on the laptop? do i need any drivers?

should I look into Natit? From my understanding of natit, it is basically for ppl with advanced cards that do not work right out of the box?

any help will be appreciated

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I guess the apple VGA(or DVI) to TV adapter would work

Allright! who wants to buy and share his experience with those addapters?!

:lol:

Specially a DVI or HDMI to component adpter. (those are my alternatives to TV out.

heheheh

Has anyone already tryied this?!

Hi

I have uphuck 10.4.9 installed on my dell xps m140 laptop. the graphics worked great after intall with no mdifications to any text. i had to add a pin to the vga out port to get it to boot.

my question is, is there support for s video out to a tv using the built in s-video out port on the laptop? do i need any drivers?

should I look into Natit? From my understanding of natit, it is basically for ppl with advanced cards that do not work right out of the box?

any help will be appreciated

Hi!

I have a Dell D610 with GMA900 and connect only the cable s-video from the notebook to the TV, remove the pin on the VGA port, and after in Tiger tap on "Detect Display".

After I have the screen of OSX on my TV CRT. :)

Good Idea for FrontRow.