Vmware Fusion RC1 out.

9 posts in this topic

Looks like a new RC release is out with several improvements.

What’s New in VMware Fusion 1.0 Release Candidate:

• "Unity” Gets Even Better: The release candidate includes numerous improvements and bug fixes to make Unity even better, including drag and drop, a convenient new Applications Menu that lets you launch all Windows application from the Dock, and experimental support for Unity on Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003.

• Better Mac integration: Any way you use your virtual machines (even in full screen), Command-Tab, Exposé, and your favorite keyboard shortcuts like Control-Space for Quicksilver and LaunchBar now work just the way you would expect. Need to right-click? Just use Control-Click like you would with any Mac application.

• Enhanced Boot Camp performance: VMware Fusion gives you the flexibility of running the same Windows XP install natively or as a virtual machine. This Release Candidate improves disk performance so you can launch applications faster and reduce the time it takes to start/boot a virtual machine.

• Better support for Mac OS X Leopard: VMware Fusion has improved experimental support for running your favorite virtual machines on Mac OS X Leopard.

• Experimental 3D support for MacBook and Mac Mini: The release candidate restores experimental 3D support to Macs with Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics cards.

• Improved USB support for Mac OS 10.4.10: Beta 4.1 and the Release Candidate improve USB compatibility with Santa Rosa MacBook Pros and Mac OS X 10.4.10.

http://www.vmware.com/beta/fusion/overview.html

Any one managed to install RC1 and working?I have problem loading vmmon.kext causing panic CPU at start. :StarTrek:
No problems here.Maybe try manually removing the VMware kernel extensions and than re-installing Fusion.

(That shouldn't hurt current VMware machines)

i still got the same old bugs from beta4 though =(maybe i need to do ANOTHER fresh install of windows...
Listing the bugs would help determine whether it is VMware or the installed OS related.

No problems here.Maybe try manually removing the VMware kernel extensions and than re-installing Fusion.

(That shouldn't hurt current VMware machines)

The only vmware kernel extenstion wich not work is vmmon.kext that to be patched in order to work on all HW. I have the patched one for beta1 working, but not the orginal. Some one can manage to patch wat I am looking for.

This is the Panic:

post-21176-1184195972_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...