Brokenstones is down

15 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/27/2008 around 8 AM GMT BrokenStones' server was suspended by the host. The server has been quarantined so BrokenStones will not be returning

TorrentFreak has more information: Malaysian Government Orders Torrent Sites Shutdown

I would like to thank all the members and staff for building an awesome Mac community. It has been a blast and I will not forget it so I hope you will not either.

Special thanks

Walnut ~ aka Bones and always insightful

Maddog ~ keep barking :)

Izumeel ~ the doc with the answers

Grekom ~ skills with photoshop and takes beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see your next trip.

TheMast ~ You didn't do it ;)

Plinkmod ~ Extremely detailed and interesting posts. What's that BitTorrent client

Edwin ~ BS's Official Cheerleader (& Squad L). I'm coming for my beer.

Hellfairy ~ IRC King and Linux Guru

Unstablesub ~ The Mother of BS

KrazyA1pha ~ Keep rocking underground-gamer and thanks for covering for BS

Kavenien ~ Couldn't have started without you around

Kaskudoo ~ The chocolatier and I still need to take you up on the offer

Badpenny ~ It's counterfeit

Chilly~ Still diving?

VIPs/Uploaders ~ You guys/gals always backed BS and it was greatly appreciated!

Members~ Last but not least, you made the site

We are all going to miss BS but there are other great Mac communities that we all need to support. Do not let this be the end and check out the other communities that exist. Macnbits has a great user base so swing by their site. MacBB is another great community that I recommend. A new Mac site is on the horizon that has forums and a lot of BS members http://bs.kicks-ass.net. If you know of other cool spots then let us know.

Our IRC room is still open and is a great spot for members to catch up with each other. The chat server is "irc.p2p-network.net" and chat room "brokenstones" (without the quotes for both). If you don't know how to use IRC then download http://colloquy.info/index.html. It's really easy to use and you'll be chatting about Mac stuff in no time at all. We also still have our last.fm group so please continue to chat away there too.

Thanks again to all the dedicated members.