The new Dell Inspiron 1520 and OS X

genx82

57 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have Dell Inspiron 1520

Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC (Mobile)

CPU Type Mobile Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Crestline-GM GM965

System Memory 2549 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (384 MB)

Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

BIOS Version A09

I want to install Mac OS iATKOS_v4.1i(Leopard) Please help me.I always stuck with the first loading screen.My e-mail address is Narototalker@yahoo.com

Could I install mac on my lap,Please help uregnt?

I alos need preinstalltion bios preparation

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Do you think OSx86 will run ok on this machine? Specs seem pretty similar to the MBP SR, so maybe there won't we a lot of tweaking with drivers necesarry. Just wondering if someone has got some experience with this combo or could shed some light on this topic...

Any input appreciated

I received my vostro 1520 yesterday with the following specs:

Core2duo 2.1 GHz

4GB RAM

320 GB 7200 rpm HDD

Dell 1510 wifi card

NVidia 9300 GS 256 MB

IDT sound card

Tried installing Kalyway 10.5.2 InterlAMD and managed to get OSX running on the first try. However still having problems;

1. Drop down menus appear blank. The text appears for a very short time and then disappear!

2. USB did not work, however managed to get that working by restarting with a USB drive installed.

3. No sound as yet.

4. Detects the Ethernet and wifi but cannot get the wifi to work, have not tried the ethernet yet!

5. Screwed Vista MBR boot loader and cannot get that to work either, booting off a boot 132 CD for now.

Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to go!

• 9 months later...

Hey I have inspiron 1520, and have everything working from a vanilla retail install and mac software upgrade to 10.6.2

This includes: Geforce 8600GT m graphics

battery

track-pad, mouse

sleep, wake, restart, power (Although the bluetooth does not power down, so RESTART and Powerdown will require to hold down the power button until someone finds a fix).

WIFI (Used a replacement card, but now works flawlessly)

Network Adapter

In laymen's terms everything is running great, and my OS is still 100% vanilla (NO MODIFICATIONS TO SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS) so for future upgrades I can continue to use the mac built in software updater.

Here is my issue though. I have enabled AHCI in my bios, which in theory should eliminate the need for my patched IOATAFamily.KEXT, but I still get kernel panics if I do not use it. This is fine for now, but the BETA release for 10.6.3 is supposed to have issues with the modified IOATAFAMILY.kext I am using.

Does anyone know why my inspiron 1520 still needs this kext to boot??

• 3 months later...
Hi there! I have Dell 1520: CoreDuo 2Mhz, 2GB, 160 Gb, 8600 GT.

Just now succesfully install MacOs. I had to switch SATA to ATA in BIOS.

But video and sound dosn't work properly!( Try to solve it!

But everything else works good! OSX see CoreDuo, Bluetooth, WiFi and other!

Have anybody see drivers for 8600GT?)

Which version of MacOs did you get installed? I did get Jas 10.4.8, but i reallu would like leopard if possible

Hey I have inspiron 1520, and have everything working from a vanilla retail install and mac software upgrade to 10.6.2

This includes: Geforce 8600GT m graphics

battery

track-pad, mouse

sleep, wake, restart, power (Although the bluetooth does not power down, so RESTART and Powerdown will require to hold down the power button until someone finds a fix).

WIFI (Used a replacement card, but now works flawlessly)

Network Adapter

In laymen's terms everything is running great, and my OS is still 100% vanilla (NO MODIFICATIONS TO SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS) so for future upgrades I can continue to use the mac built in software updater.

Here is my issue though. I have enabled AHCI in my bios, which in theory should eliminate the need for my patched IOATAFamily.KEXT, but I still get kernel panics if I do not use it. This is fine for now, but the BETA release for 10.6.3 is supposed to have issues with the modified IOATAFAMILY.kext I am using.

Does anyone know why my inspiron 1520 still needs this kext to boot??

Which version did you use to get it working?

Inspiron 1520

T5450 1.6GHz

2GB Ram