• 4 posts
thanks this error has been killing me.

silverfir

silverfir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem. :(

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. :(

Bumping this as it solved the problem for me too, I deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist as I had old Bluetooth and other entries causing problems, deleted rebooted and Boom! as SJs would say.

Why this isn't even suggested on the Apple site I have no idea. :)

starship-Insanity

starship-Insanity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is this alright ??? :wacko:

[codebox]

Interfaces

BSD Name
en0
IOBuiltin

IOInterfaceType
IOInterfaceUnit
IOMACAddress

AFD8qHM4

IOPathMatch
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@2/com_apple_driver_RTL8139/IOEthernetInterface
SCNetworkInterfaceType
Ethernet

BSD Name
en1
IOBuiltin

IOInterfaceType
IOInterfaceUnit
IOMACAddress

ABxCAAAI

IOPathMatch
IOService:/IOResources/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_bus/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_nub_0/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_0/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_interface
SCNetworkInterfaceType
Ethernet

BSD Name
en2
IOBuiltin

IOInterfaceType
IOInterfaceUnit
IOMACAddress

ABxCAAAJ

IOPathMatch
IOService:/IOResources/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_bus/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_nub_1/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_1/com_parallels_kext_prl_vnic_device_interface
SCNetworkInterfaceType
Ethernet

Active

BSD Name
en3
IOBuiltin

IOInterfaceType
IOInterfaceUnit
IOMACAddress

AB/GOE8H

IOPathMatch
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P9@1C,5/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/yukonosx/IOEthernetInterface
SCNetworkInterfaceType
Ethernet

[/codebox]

Getting the same itunes error on my hack - though no problems on an XP laptop.

...never mind :P ...just deleted the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and able to sync my ipod, download purchases from the store etc... /
Thanks for the tips!

Edited by starship-Insanity, 03 November 2010 - 11:29 PM.

bilby

bilby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i cant see the file i have to delete. Is the System > Library or USER> library?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy