• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I've tried reinstalling iTunes, deleting the iTunes the folder in Music, signing in and out on the store, different user and nothing works, I've also upgraded to 7.3 but no go. iTunes doesn't let me authorize my computer, I already authorized my laptop running windows and iTunes 7.3 to see if it was an Apple store problem but the laptop got authorized just fine. I'm getting really extremely mad at it and I've even thought of installing windows on it. Has anyone else run into this problem? Please help! none of my purchased music synchronizes to my iPod.

Attached Files

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
I am having the exact same problem. What version of OS X are you running? This problem began for me after I attempted an upgrade to 10.4.10.

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I have 10.4.9, I used the uphuck dvd. I haven't tried to upgrade to 10.4.10, I had 10.4.8 before, and iTunes worked great on that. I've also noticed that for some reason the system all of a sudden slows down and all the programs stop responding.

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem. :hysterical:

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. :)

jcruzlara

jcruzlara

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
That worked!!!!!!!!!! :lol: It was a bit tricky, it kept setting itself back to en2 but I figured it out you're supposed to change IOInterfaceUnit as well not just the part that saiys en0. Thanks a lot.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Colonel's method worked for me as well. Thanks for the assist.

spinghed

spinghed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

I'm having exactly the same issues, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to change after opening the plist up... I'm using a broadcom gigabit ethernet card on my pci bus for my connection and I have no idea what to change... It was working up until recently, seemed to go titsup when I upgraded iTunes :-(

any ideas...

thanks

Rick

data10

data10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I had the same problem, made a backup of my plist file and changed the Physical NIC to en0 and the wireless to en1 and Itunes authorized my machine perfectly...

Just thought I'd let people know if they have the issue after upgrading to itunes 7+

kwjenkins

kwjenkins

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
this is still the awesome tip of the day!~
Fixed my Can't authorise apps for iphone problem, theres a list of unsolved problems on the apple forums on this very subject
Kenny

usbtopc

usbtopc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem. :D

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. ;)

Thanks!

AKennedy_4

AKennedy_4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Sports
Thanks a freaking big one!! lol I've been trying to solve this ever since i set up my hackintosh

pkkmac

pkkmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem. :D

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. :)

This totally worked, it also fixed my Time machine.

Thanks so much...

Dj TweeX

Dj TweeX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Worked for me aswell! thank you!

Matuszczak

Matuszczak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks a lot ! ;)

It works !

Matuszczak

pherekudes

pherekudes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
WORKED FOR ME TOO!!! :) Thanks a lot, i'm tried to fix since weeks.

alfie_64

alfie_64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much, this has solved my hackintosh is ever more closer to perfection!

Much appreciated Alfie

Marmelade Boy

Marmelade Boy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Colonel! Ive been trying to fix this for ages!! this helps me so much, thank you. :)

dlstyley

dlstyley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This was huge!

I kept getting prompted to authorize when trying to sync. The Error (-50) when I tried to authorize. I had recently updated the bios and done a bunch of fiddling with my USB wifi dongle. Removing the NetworkInterfaces.plist solved it for me. Thank you!

skyhack

skyhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Great Answer !!!! I had this problem after upgrading my motherboard and RealtekR1000 kext. Deleting the .plist worked for me.

fs22482

fs22482

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem. ;)

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. :D

Thank You sooo much! easy as pie for a fix thats been driving me nuts for so long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy