Sherry Haibara

same here, i think ill hit up osbetaarchive and beat some bushes... idk

maxx

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Yo... BE WARNED FELLOW DOWNLOADERS. There is a torrent out there that supposedly has the much coveted iso for Rhapsody DR2. DON'T DOWNLOAD IT! It is a fake file. :lol: Ok... now that I have made myself clear... I would like to ask if anyone has the Rhapsdy DR2 x86 CD, please copy it to an iso file. I lost my CD in a bad accident so please come to my aid :D !! Let me know when it is avalible so I can fetch it. Thank you!

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Lol, thanks for the heads up, Guru. Welcome to the forum.

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Hey you're welcome! I actually am an avid Linux user myself. However the betas for Apple products greatly interest me.

:)

Matt

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
If I can't get a download for the Rhapsody DR2 iso... where can I get the CD? :D

Rhapsody Guru

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
ive got you
pm at the speed of light to save the day!!!!!

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
Could you send me a PM at the speed of light too? ;)

Nikkorasu

Nikkorasu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
;) It's funny how unstable rhapsody could be, but on the flip side, we have an OS X Server 1.0 (which as far as I remember is still mainly Rhapsody) machine here at work and it's been running for years without a rebuild. We were also afraid to touch it because it's been working for all these years with out a problem.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

Could you send me a PM at the speed of light too? ;)

PM AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT TO SAVE THE DAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! ahahahah pm is my new superhero lool

oh and ps if ne one else needs it just pm me or post here :)

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
guys.... torrents and http links aren't the only ways of getting files...

tip : download emule and connect to the server on the top of the list... it has the file rhapsody_dr2_x86.iso (just search "rhapsody").

it started downloading at 1kb/s for me but it ended up going at a constant 30kb/s so if you're patient then you will have a copy in a couple of days. it is about 300mb

also there is another file on there called rhapsody install disk or something. get that too, it is needed to install rhapsody.

Sherry Haibara

Sherry Haibara

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
I downloaded and tested it, but works right only in VMWare with my AMD64 processor.
It hangs on memory allocation, I think that 512 MBs of RAM it's a lot for Rhapsody.
Sherry Haibara

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
it's not supposed to be run in emulators, and apparently the only emulator it works with is virtual pc 2005. :)

try native install it

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Guys... I actually have performed the impossible. I have gotten Rhapsody DR2 to work on the Bochs processor emulator and work well!!!!! :D If it were not for bwhsh8r providing the Rhapsody DR2 iso, however, none of this would have been possible. The emulator is rather slow due to complete emulation of the x86 architecture verses virtualization done by say VMware. If you don't believe me, click on the following link to to see a screenshot of my success! (Note: the image is at 1280x800 resolution so you may need to do some scrolling around.)

Bochs with Rhapsody in action on my Windows XP desktop!

By the way, setting this up was no easy task. In fact, it took a really long time to get it just right, but I finally got it to work. That's no suprise though, since I am the almighty Rhapsody Guru! So as to get you all the same taste of the OS that I got, I am going to make you all a pdf guide showing you how to set Rhapsody up within Bochs successfully. I'll make it as easy as I can and I might set up a PayPal account later on for donations :2cents: so as to help me with making more quality guides pretaining to any computer solution you need for a problem you have. Stay tuned for the arrival of my guide!

:P

Matthew
a.k.a The Rhapsody Guru!

tomnic

tomnic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I downloaded and tested it, but works right only in VMWare with my AMD64 processor.
It hangs on memory allocation, I think that 512 MBs of RAM it's a lot for Rhapsody.
Sherry Haibara

I run it perfectly in an early version of virtual pc, just give 128 Mb of ram and it won't hang on memory allocation...

P.s.: I'm italian, too :D

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Yo.. I have posted my guide on this forum. Just search for it under "Rhapsody Install Guide" :compress:

Guru

Rhapsodize

Rhapsodize

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am so excited to see a topic related to rhapsody that is current!!!!

I've been searching the internet trying to find a copy.
I can't get emule to work because of my network situation.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

I am so excited to see a topic related to rhapsody that is current!!!!

I've been searching the internet trying to find a copy.
I can't get emule to work because of my network situation.

PM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
If anyone knows where to find Rhapsody v1.0 (a.k.a. v5.2) that'll be cool. This came after Rhapsody DR2, but before MacOS X Server 1.0 which only supports the PowerPC architecture. I heard of Apple releasing it for a VERY short time, not really enough to make it sell at all since Apple changed their focus to MacOS X.

:blink:

Guru

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

If anyone knows where to find Rhapsody v1.0 (a.k.a. v5.2) that'll be cool. This came after Rhapsody DR2, but before MacOS X Server 1.0 which only supports the PowerPC architecture. I heard of Apple releasing it for a VERY short time, not really enough to make it sell at all since Apple changed their focus to MacOS X.

:worried_anim:

Guru

Im on it :blink:

max

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts

Im on it :D
max

Thanks!

;)

Guru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy