Laptop keyboard (I8042 controller) not working

43 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, also have a laptop from LG (r400). I am in that topic to a lot of time trying to work my keyboard.

And I have something good to say!

In the morning, to reinstall my Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 (Vanilla Kernel), started to install, and forgot. When I returned the brightness of the monitor was at minimum and keyboard was working!

But unfortunately it was only after the first reboot everything was lost ....

We have tried to make it to sleep manually, but does not work .......

What we will do?

please, sorry my English .....

Original Brazil.....

Olá, também possuo um laptop da LG (r400). Estou nesse tópico a muito tempo tentando fazer funcionar meu teclado.

E tenho algo muito bom para dizer!!!

Na manhã de hoje, ao reinstalar meu Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 (Kernel Vanilla), começei a instalar, e o esqueci. Quando voltei o brilho do monitor estava no minimo e o teclado estava trabalhando!!!!

Mas infelizmente foi somente isso, após a primeiro reboot tudo foi perdido....

Já tentei fazer-lo dormir manualmente, mas não funciona.......

O que faremos????

por favor, sorry meu inglês...

I was having a huge issue as well with my LG notebook. I thought it was because I had a bilingual keyboard, but I noticed that even during the install I didn't have use of the keyboard. I tried using the kalaway install with the french keyboard selection made under customize however did not work. I did however stumble across a solution for me. I accidentally put my laptop to sleep and it didn't get there, it went to go to sleep but then came on. And when I went to click the apple in my menu bar, it just started opening all the menus in my bar. I pressed the control key (ctrl) and as soon as I did that, I had keyboard support, so know all I do after I boot into OS X 10.5.2 is put it to sleep (which it wakes itself right back up), and tap a key it works every time.

I have an LG r500 hope this info helps....

I was having a huge issue as well with my LG notebook. I thought it was because I had a bilingual keyboard, but I noticed that even during the install I didn't have use of the keyboard. I tried using the kalaway install with the french keyboard selection made under customize however did not work. I did however stumble across a solution for me. I accidentally put my laptop to sleep and it didn't get there, it went to go to sleep but then came on. And when I went to click the apple in my menu bar, it just started opening all the menus in my bar. I pressed the control key (ctrl) and as soon as I did that, I had keyboard support, so know all I do after I boot into OS X 10.5.2 is put it to sleep (which it wakes itself right back up), and tap a key it works every time.

I have an LG r500 hope this info helps....

My laptop LG r400 (rd400) don't wake from sleep, using kernel sleep or vanilla (9.2.2)...

who has laptop lg r400, the same problem occurs?

please help me...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a LG R500, and if I put it to sleep, it just turns off and on, and the keyboard is working.

Some keys are swapped, left windows is alt-gr, alt-gr is control, and so, but it is still usable.

Some alt-gr combinations are not the standard spanish ones. For example, \ is not where it should, it´s on 6 and so on, but it is still usable, and I can always switch to the US keyboard which is more rational.

Hi,

everything is working perfect on this laptop, even the touchpad but the internal keyboard is dead.

Keyboard is also not working during installation but touchpad does work so nothing changes from installation

to regular boot. If I plug in an external USB keyboard everything is working without problems but without

the built in keyboard OSX doesn't make too much sense.

What I tried so far:

various DVDs (JAS, Uphuck / 10.4.4, 10.4.5, 10.4.8, 10.4.9)

various ApplePS2Controller.kext

played with the bios settings

kextunload kextload

repair permissions in different ways and deleted kextcache and mkext according to the forum

more than once.

Usually one of the above receipies did work on other machines but there seem to be something special

with LG-Laptops regarding internal keyboard.

I don't have a clue where to look exactly since in the logs I can't find any trace of this internal keyboard.

I don't even know if its PS2, USB or something else ;-). The trackpad is definately PS2 since if I kextunload the ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

it stops working and if I reload it starts working again. Disabling it and plugging in a USB-mouse didn't convince the keyboard

to show any signs of life either.

I'm glad for any hints where to look for a solution or any explanation what is so special about this internal keyboard or LG-laptop keyboards in general regarding OSX86 since there are no such problems in Linux or FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance,

HeinB

LG R400, Core2Duo T5100, 1 GB, 120 GB HDD

Linux is reporting the controller for trackpad and keyboard as a I8042.

trackpad(working) is at AUX1, keyboard(not working) is at KBD

Anyone knows what kext is responsible for the I8042 ?

This sounds exactly like my problem with my Gateway ML6720 Notebook...

Someone help us!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

i have lg r400 1.86 core duo 2 giga ram

my keyboard not working also,

but when you Make a sleep ,it working after like a charm

WHEN YOU START LEOPARD

STEP 1- MAKE SLEEP

STEP 2 -WAKE IT UP IN 5 SEC

STEP 3 -WORK ON YOUR LEOPARD AND MAKE FUN

*connect a usb keyboard to wake up from the sleep.

• 2 weeks later...