ATI X2300 mobile anyone ? How to have 1280x800 only (without QE&CI)?

manmal

17 posts in this topic

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think this card is basically an ATI Radeon X1600 Mobility, so you can try to tweak ATIX1000.kext and add your product id into the Info.plist file.

Might give you QE/CI, it's worth a try !

hi cyclonefr,

thanks for your reply.

Are you sure ati x2300 is an ati mobility radeon x1600 ?

I already tried to input my product id code into atix1000.kext but it crashes the system (dunno why, but i never tried to do it with ATI boards) .

I don't know if it may be the monitor settings or something else.

If you have any suggestion or any other kexts to try (or to try to modify) please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks!

Mal

• 2 months later...
hi cyclonefr,

thanks for your reply.

Are you sure ati x2300 is an ati mobility radeon x1600 ?

I already tried to input my product id code into atix1000.kext but it crashes the system (dunno why, but i never tried to do it with ATI boards) .

I don't know if it may be the monitor settings or something else.

If you have any suggestion or any other kexts to try (or to try to modify) please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks!

Mal

Hi manmal, I think That is no x1xxx card, It seems that it is x2xxx series chip.

However, it and not a HD-X2XXX series, I have Absolutely same device and I can not make with it anything.

• 4 weeks later...

blackfire : no, i tried it with a laptop by asus of a friend of mine that has got an ati x2300 video card.

0xf : so do you think it will work on osx86 with ati x1x00 installers? I tried and it didn't work with uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 for intel... too bad , he wanted to use osx on his laptop!

Mal

• 1 month later...
Hi,

are there detailed instruction to make an ATI X2300 mobility to work with natit (or alternatives , if there are) ?

Where to put product id of the board? Which files exactly ?

Thanks!

Mal

what is your "ATI X2300" device ID?

• 1 month later...
Any progress?

a lot, but first read this:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14169

M64 : Mobility Radeon X2300VEN : 1002DEV ID : 718a-----Linux driver -> convert -> Mac driver ??http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd

Linux driver -> convert -> Mac driver ??

yes, it's one of the good idea for the future (RadeonHD port to osx86), but not current one as RadeonHD itself isn't complete yet.

ATIRadeonX2000 is the right driver for your device, same story as for x1200 series (x1200, x1250, x1270, x1300):

they all are based on AMD 690g relatives. (hidden sign, they all capable of AVIVO functionality),

however "right driver" isn't mean "working one", it needs to be disassembled first, investigated, patched, then it will work (with some limitations noone knows which for today)

ATIRadeonX2000 will solve only QE/CI question, however as you have this chipset, you are interested in 1280x800 "native" resolution for your laptop display also.

"native resolution" is a business of another driver - IONDRVSupport (aka "frame buffer"), which is under development too.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't if many people noticed but there are several versions of the Radeon Mobility X2300, i think after AMD bought out ATI which is pretty recent, they updated the X2300 and renamed it X2300 HD and made it support DX10. Personally i Have a Gateway C-142XL with the X2300 HD, a lot of people have the following chip

M64 : Mobility Radeon X2300

DEV ID : 718a

i have

M71 : Mobility HD 2300

DEV ID : 7211

Windows picks it up as the Mobility HD 2300 but I think its the same thing

some people with the DEV ID:7210 were lucky and have QE/CI support being that their device id is listed in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, so i tried to modify the kext to pick up my card but i get a kernel panic at bootup. Maybe i should wait and see if Apple updates the drivers to support those new chipsets from AMD which I doubt but we'll see.

ps: I attached my GPU-Z screenshot btw as reference

post-22738-1231267698_thumb.gif