Buying a new camera

GBK.Xscape

8 posts in this topic

ok so i just broke my camera during this years graduation because i was sitting in the stands and had it in my back pocket, long story short the lcd cracked and now i cant see anything i am taking or pictures i have taken. Fortunately i bought a warranty w/ the camera so now i get a $300 gift card to buy another one with. My dad is also willing to spend another $100 on a camera so the range i am looking at is roughly $300-$400 dollar range. i was wondering what is the best camera to buy with this amount of money? Thanks for the help :]

Here is the same model I have personally. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16830120083

It is very portable and has a big LCD!!! The picture quality is great outside with the sun, but isn't quite a sharp indoors (low light). This is just my personal opinion.

Here is the same review that got me to buy one. http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/po...t_sd800-review/

I remember the Cybershots used to use pretty bad glass/lenses, compared to what the Canons used when I bought my point and shoot about 3 years ago. I don't know offhand if they've gotten better, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Depending on what you're going to be taking pictures of, it's particularly important to take a look at what sort of lens is used, and the existence of manual settings on the camera. My friend has a really nice Canon point-and-shoot, which takes some fairly decent pictures, but lacks any sort of control with exposure, shutterspeed, etc. :thumbsdown_anim:

thanks for the advice guys, i just got the box in the mail to send away for my gift card. im most likely going to go with a sony or canon. any specific models i should look at. thanks for all the help guys. i will most likely just be taking pictures of everything. even if i got a camera that had all the different settings for shutterspeed and stuff i most likely wouldnt mess with that anyways. but you never know. hope this helps :]

Did you already ordered your camera? If not , look at this camera.

i actually havent got my new one yet.... ive been waiting and think this out, that looks like a really nice but im looking for a simple point and shoot type camera, something that i can fit in my pocket. Digital SLR's are very nice but for me it just doesnt make sense at the moment.

thanks for all the help guys :]