Hacking Leopard GUI

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts

@amcclane - How did you get the spaces in between your icons?

Posted Image

make a blank application with a blank icon :D

NeSuKuN

NeSuKuN

-Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

I need help with 9a499, in 9a466 when you opened a stack which contain a folder and clicked in it, then the folder opened in the stack. Now on 9a499, it opens the folder in the finder, does anyone know or think how this behaviour can be reverted? I loved the old way

Bumping this post for justice!

xShad0w

xShad0w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

make a blank application with a blank icon :wallbash:

hahah loveee that, just droppin my two cents, i think the new dock looks much better then the tiger one, but i only got tiger recently so i guess i haven't gotten as used to it as some of you guys, the only thing i would want to see is the icons looking more 3d because the look that apple was going for was that the dock looks like a 3d table going backwards into the screen, but the icons look somehow like flat peices of paper just standing up on this 3d table, by the way to everyone, very nice dock editing, some of them look very amazing

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts

hahah loveee that, just droppin my two cents, i think the new dock looks much better then the tiger one, but i only got tiger recently so i guess i haven't gotten as used to it as some of you guys, the only thing i would want to see is the icons looking more 3d because the look that apple was going for was that the dock looks like a 3d table going backwards into the screen, but the icons look somehow like flat peices of paper just standing up on this 3d table, by the way to everyone, very nice dock editing, some of them look very amazing

i cant tell if u were being sarcastic, that my stupidity is so stupid its funny, but hey, i not the gui person anyway lol :)

hazkid

hazkid

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Macs<br />Macs<br />Macs<br />...Macs
Speaking of "flat icons", that is what is turning me off cover flow in Finder. Icons are designed to look "sorta 3D". Album covers are usually flat pieces of paper, so it looks fine to see them at an odd angle. An icon however, looks really strange when treated as a 2-d image.

Here is an example using the standard component icon. Can you put a cube on it's diagonal and have it look like this?

Attached Files

xShad0w

xShad0w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

i cant tell if u were being sarcastic, that my stupidity is so stupid its funny, but hey, i not the gui person anyway lol ;)

O no i meant i love your ingeniutiy, sorry if you thought something otherwise but i love clever stuff like that

Speaking of "flat icons", that is what is turning me off cover flow in Finder. Icons are designed to look "sorta 3D". Album covers are usually flat pieces of paper, so it looks fine to see them at an odd angle. An icon however, looks really strange when treated as a 2-d image.

Here is an example using the standard component icon. Can you put a cube on it's diagonal and have it look like this?

Yea but then they should change the engine of cover flow for 3dish icons, i don't know exactly if its just a skew or actual 3d tilting but for the icons they should use real 3d, i think for the pictures they use skewing to acheive the effect

BrumBrum74

BrumBrum74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
numberz: do you mind sharing your files? Looks very nice.

wingchun

wingchun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hi all

i'm running leopard 9a499 and the background don't change. indicator and frontline changed but not background (scurve.png). i changed scurve.png as indicate but can't see any changes for the background.

if anyone can help it will be nice

regards

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts

O no i meant i love your ingeniutiy, sorry if you thought something otherwise but i love clever stuff like that

ah, that makes more sense :D

topshotta

topshotta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Can anyone comment as to whether scurve.png still exists ? I don't seem to have this file...

iarora

iarora

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
is it possible ot make the menubar more transparent like 466? i know many dint like that but i wanna try it out

thanks

owlglass

owlglass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Does anyone know how to change the login window background (in the Desktop Pictures folder it's called Aurora)? What are they thinking of? Has Apple been taken over by Scientology?

moonmac

moonmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Does anyone know how to change the login window background (in the Desktop Pictures folder it's called Aurora)? What are they thinking of? Has Apple been taken over by Scientology?

Try Changing the DefaultDesktop.jpg in /System/Library/CoreServices/

Hope it works...

This Dock customizing is so cool!

Attached Files

• Attached File  dock.png   270.54KB   234 downloads

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts
Can you by chance post the changed files? That dock looks cool!

moonmac

moonmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
There you go.

The first thing to do of course is to back up the whole Dock.app and then drop the pics there and replace them.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dock.zip   92.88KB   53 downloads

iarora

iarora

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
hmm when i replace the images simply by draging them in the folder and authenticating it dosent seem to change anything :S

moonmac

moonmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

hmm when i replace the images simply by draging them in the folder and authenticating it dosent seem to change anything :S

You have to "kill" the Dock before any changes take place. This can be done by typing in terminal:
killall Dock

iarora

iarora

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

You have to "kill" the Dock before any changes take place. This can be done by typing in terminal:

killall Dock

yea i did that too still no change.

There you go.The first thing to do of course is to back up the whole Dock.app and then drop the pics there and replace them.

and i used these files, can anyone check and confirm if these files work properly?

moonmac

moonmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

yea i did that too still no change.and i used these files, can anyone check and confirm if these files work properly?

Take many copies of that scurve-l.png and name them:
scurve-l.png, scurve-xl.png, scurve-m.png and scurve-sm.png

Copy all those files to the Resources folder and then that killall Dock, if that will help

owlglass

owlglass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Try Changing the DefaultDesktop.jpg in /System/Library/CoreServices/

Hope it works...

Thanks! It did!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy