Hacking Leopard GUI

SCARECR0W

225 posts in this topic

I did some testing and tweaking myself.. and i realise that if u want a totally transparent dock with 100% reflection, all you need to do is jus remove all the scurve files....

Could you elaborate on this? I zipped and deleted the 4 scurve files, and on the 3d dock there is still a small strip of light grey at the bottom of the dock.

What I'd really like is to get rid of the dock background on the 2D dock. Possible?

Thanks.

Could you elaborate on this? I zipped and deleted the 4 scurve files, and on the 3d dock there is still a small strip of light grey at the bottom of the dock.

What I'd really like is to get rid of the dock background on the 2D dock. Possible?

Thanks.

If you want to get rid of the light grey strip, you need to delete frontline.png.

Hey all. I hacked my dock and in the midst of doing so, I got a blue line at the very bottom of my screen. I cannot figure out why it is there, it is not part of my background and I changed the dock image exactly as described in this thread. It did not appear until I hacked my dock. I am running the final version of Leopard. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated. I was able to get a screen shot of it while the dock was hidden so it can be easily seen:

post-147211-1194239140_thumb.png

just a quick question. i've been tinkering with the scurve images a bit. and since i decided i don't want that rectangular backwards tiltes slab but something with rounded edges, i did it. thing is, to get the round edges you have to use a rectangular picture with transparent corners. now where the corners are transparent the windows atop it will reflect. that looks really stupid. from what i gather so far the amount of reflection is based upon the value of transparency for that pixel, eh? any chance to get rid of the reflection entirely by some command or whatnot yet still retain your customized dock graphics (maybe even with transparency)?

also has anyone tried skinning the widgets screen? the graphics for that are also stored in dock.app, so it should be a walk in the park really. and it would seem as if you could remove the names from items on the dock by changing a value inside the dock.app package (one of the plist things iirc) or by terminal command - i haven't tried that yet though...

my dock is slighty boring.

I LOVE BORING! I'm not one to have anything too "flashy", I just like to be different. Yours is perfect! I've been looking for the dark dock with the three indicators. Can you please post the files?

btw, i intend to change the indicator.png file and do i have to change all of them since its in different sizes?

EDIT: an could it be change without going through terminal?

System>Library>Core Services>Dock-right click show packages>indicator_medium.png ect.

make backups and delete desired indicator replace with edited go to terminal "killall Dock"

If someone can do the same without the black wave it could be great.

Do you still want the Dock to have a slight fade? Here are the files with and without the fade. These are just pictures of scurve-sm.png, all the other files are included too. The Dock should look darker than these images.

3D.Border.Dock.No.Curve.Gradient.Fade.zip

scurvesmtm4.png

3D.Border.Dock.No.Curve.No.Fade.zip

scurvesmkd7.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hello People

Like most of you out there I think leo's Dock needs some tweaking.

Of course I read everything about changing the pictures.

But does somebody know how to reduce the shadow that outlines the top of every icon in this Dock.

It's wayyy too much. I found some of you like to put a black BG to make it less obvious

but is there a tweak for that one hidden somewhere?

Thanks a lot!

I too would like to know.

Whats with apple and butchering its products lately?

The menu bar doesnt fit aesthetic unity of OS X. The blue dots for running applications in the dock are barely noticeable. The shadows in the dock are horrid. And stacks is by far the most idiotic implementation to OS X.

I like some modifications made to the dock, but i still don´t get all the people that complaining about the dock in Leopard.

It looks way better then the Tiger dock, and it´s more sofisticated too.

People that also want to remove Aqua totally from OS X should be peed on.

Did they even notice that Aqua has actually changed in Leopard? No!

I keep reading about people wanting the dull and bluegreyish scrollbars and tabbars in Leopard from iTunes.

They would love that look!

What the hell is wrong with you lot?

If you like dull and greyish, go back to OS8-9!!!

Maybe you should also buy a puck mouse, or better yet, get an old grey 166Mhz Mac.

Suckers!

• 7 months later...
I too would like to know.

Whats with apple and butchering its products lately?

The menu bar doesnt fit aesthetic unity of OS X. The blue dots for running applications in the dock are barely noticeable. The shadows in the dock are horrid. And stacks is by far the most idiotic implementation to OS X.

I couldn't disagree more.