10.4.10 update INSTALLER (available for download)

Schweppes

166 posts in this topic

you need repair disk permissions...

(drunknbass @ Jun 30 2007, 05:13 PM)

i just updated from 4.9 but i had the kernel from 4.8 as i never updated it. i did auto install and now when i boot i get this error darwin/kernel version bla bla VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

AND some errors above that line. isnt there a way you can boot in to os x with the previous kernel??

I had the same problem,

repairing permissions did nothing!

i just updated from 4.9 but i had the kernel from 4.8 as i never updated it. i did auto install and now when i boot i get this error darwin/kernel version bla bla VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

AND some errors above that line. isnt there a way you can boot in to os x with the previous kernel??

I had already done the manual update, but just for the sake of future installations, I put in a blank drive, installed the uphuck v1.3 version of 10.4.9 and then used this update pkg for 10.4.10. I've learned from past experience that I always need to re-install my graphics kext and audio kext. Once done, everything seems to work they way it should.

Drunknbass, have you tried using your install disk to re-install only the old kernel. I've done that before with the uphuck releases and it has worked. You may have to re-install audio, video etc. after changing kernel. Good luck!

Worked fine for me, Thinkpad T60p. Need to rebuild the sound but everything else seems to work fine (minus the wireless of course!!)

Finally tested it and replaced the Framebuffer-kext with a 10.4.8 version: It worked, so I am finally running 10.4.10 on my Inspiron 6400. ;)

I only had to use Tarugas patcher (v1.16) to get back Sigmatel 9200 sound. Everything else worked right from the start - well except for running more than one core that is...

My boot went too slow after habging on such messages:

lauchd:com.apple.nibindd: exited abnormally, Bad system call

lauchd:com.apple.nibindd: responding too quickly! throttling

lauchd:com.apple.nibindd: too many failures in seccession

lauchd:com.apple.nibindd: Server 175 in bootstrap 1103 uid 0: "/usr/sbin/lookupd"[104]: exited abnormally: Hangup;

lauchd:com.apple.nibindd: Server 0 in bootststrap 1103 uid 0: "/usr/sbin/lookupd"[200]: exited ubnormally: bad system call

And so on with other Servers. Also thre were messages about LoginWindow.app, also hanging. Help please.

well i put the old kernel back and i had a dmg and usb mounting issue. so i changed the system kext to match my kernel and thats where i need help/ i need instructions on how to verify and change owner and permissions through disk util when booting with the dvd.. i used it to repair permissions and it repaired them, but i still think something is wrong _owner might be wrong) cause i have a kernel panic now.

is that possible to use this package from 10.4.8?

Update:

Tried, no good! rebooting again and again! Just like what I went through delta upgrading to 10.4.9 or manual upgrading to 10.4.10...

Seems like no luck to have a upgraded kernel, then I will just stay with 10.4.8. :hysterical:

hmm after the update.. when rebooting... It got stuck at Apple First Screen Boot logo.. It loads like no end.. anyone can help me?

okay thanks.. btw i'm using from Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 installation..

Something else to check for everyone updating to 10.4.10 and using MacFuse Tools NTFS-3G. I thought the only thing I needed to re-install was my graphics and audio. I was just getting ready to make a Norton Ghost image of my system with latest updates for FCS2 and noticed that I could not write to my NTFS drives. A quick re-install of NTFS-3G from uphuck's 1.3 install disk and all is right in the world again. Just thought I'd pass that on to anyone else who writes to their NTFS disks.

Installed on my laptop, not sure if loginwindow.app is failing to load or if it is a graphics issue, but I am stuck at a blue screen. Can someone please give me advice on how to diagnose and hopefully fix this issue. Graphics are GMA950. Help please.

I'll have the same thing he's having; starting with JaS 10.4.9, which was a tasty dressing to toss on my IHC7 (82801G/945GM [Ven8086;Dev27A2;SubSys;30A5103C;Rev_03], Centrino T2500).

Installed without a glitch in Intel915GUX, only have to replace AppleHDA.kext, Intel915.kexts and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and now About this Mac show the right information. :thumbsup_anim:

can anyone tell me how to restore backed up kexts? i really want to attempt this upgrade so that I can run Final Cut Studio 2, which requires .9 or higher.

like at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=54678&st=0 :

================ BASIC PROCEDURE ================

BACKUP (kernel and Extensions):

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions.10.4.9

sudo cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.jun07

RUN UPGRADE: (I personnaly don t install the 10.4.10 Graphcis)

do not reboot when prompted

cp the mach_amd or intel in /mach_kernel

chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

chmod 644 /mach_kernel

cp -R dsmos.kext /System/Library/Extensions

then reboot....

If problem look at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=54678&st=0

Updated from JAS 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 and I get the following error:

Configuring kernel extensions
/etc/rc:  line 226:	26 Illegal instruction	kextd
/etc/rc:  line 250:	28 Illegal instruction	/usr/libexec/FirewallTool
/etc/rc: line 258: 29 Illegal instruction launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons /System/Library/Launch Daemons /etc/mach_init.d
/etc/rc:  line 258:	30 Illegal instruction	SystemStarter ${VerboseFlag}
/etc/rc:  line 260:	31 Illegal instruction	/usr/sbin/update

TIA for all your efforts...

NoOb here, please elaborate while telling. Thanks again :-)

If I remember the steps correctly, this seems to work for me so far.........First I cloned the harddisk to a spare with Ghost to test. These steps are based on various posts in this thread, Netkas instructions and other posts in InsanelyMac.

Upgrade from 1049 - 10410 for Intel based motherboard with onboard GMA950 Graphics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1 - Backup /System/Library/Extensions folder]

cp -r /System/Library/Extensions /1049/

[2 - Backup your current kernel]

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_Jun2007

[3 - Install 10410 Intel Update - don't select graphics option]

DON'T REBOOT

[4 - Replace kernel with mach_intel from Intel.zip archive]

THEN

chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

chmod 644 /mach_kernel

[5 - Copy dsmos.kext from 10410 package to Extensions]

cp -R dsmos.kext /System/Library/Extensions

[6 - From your /1049 folder, recover AppleHDA.kext, Intel950.kext,

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

cp -R /1049/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /1049/Extensions/Intel950.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /1049/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

[7 - Repair Kexts permissions]

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot and good luck

It seems to work so far (it booted OK). You may want to replace newer kexts with older backups if you're experiencing problems.