10.4.10 update INSTALLER (available for download)

Schweppes

166 posts in this topic

I havn't had problems updating to 10.4.10 with any of the methods floating around. the problem is always the kernel. Ive tried 2 or 3 different ones ive seen and either it panics or just scrolls lots of errors with bad callouts or whatever.

same thing with this installer.

I had success with this upgrade on my AMD system. My install was with uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3.

After installing the update the system would not boot (various errors...processes respawning too fast) so I booted from the uphuck DVD, checked/repaired permissions with the diskutil, then used the installer to re-apply the few patches I required. Working great, 'about this mac' works and everything.

Same problem here, also with a GMA950 (Inspiron E1505/6400). Couldn't fix/repair it no matter what I tried. Went back to 10.4.8 for now.

Same problem as both of you with a GMA950 (ThinkPad R60). I tried with and without reinstalling GMA950 drivers from Uphuck DVD before restarting (after 10.4.10 install).

for those with gma950

Backup your extensions.

Replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with your backup before rebooting. Just delete the kext and copy the old one.

to correct the permisson u can easely use jaminmc's script -> http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35020

If u read this after rebooting and having a black or bluescreen

After using the pascalW package

just replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with transmac (from WINDOWS) or antother bootable osx (from a USB HD). then start with -x // once you are up in safe mode.. set the right permission for that kext. chmod etc..or use the above mentioned permisson script.

works fine

thanks Netkas (kernel) and PascalW for that package..

Edited: Hope now its clearer

i just updated from 4.9 but i had the kernel from 4.8 as i never updated it. i did auto install and now when i boot i get this error darwin/kernel version bla bla VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

AND some errors above that line. isnt there a way you can boot in to os x with the previous kernel??

you need repair disk permissions...

i just updated from 4.9 but i had the kernel from 4.8 as i never updated it. i did auto install and now when i boot i get this error darwin/kernel version bla bla VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

AND some errors above that line. isnt there a way you can boot in to os x with the previous kernel??

i did. i also checked the disk volume to see if it needed repair and it didnt.. i will try toggling speedstep and hyperthreading and smart in bios to see if it makes a diff. i also tried to boot with cpus=1 and made no difference.

my next step is to replace the kernel with the one i had before. wil 10.4.10 run with 8.8.1 kernel??

for those with gma950

just replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with transmac or antother bootable osx. then start with -x // once you are up in safe mode.. set the right permission for that kext. chomd etc..

works fine

thanks Netkas (kernel) and PascalW for that package..

Can anyone confirm that this is working? After two failed installations (upgrade from 4.8 and 4.9) I am not to keen on wasting even more time on this. The black screen shortly before the login window is supposed to come up seems like a typical GMA950 error. The screen shortly flashes in blue, but then goes dark again. Meanwhile, the harddisk is still loading stuff, so maybe the problem is in fact only with the screen (i.e. GFX/GMA950-kext).

My upg from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 using the backup procedure worked fine (kernel 8.9.1).

Upgrade from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 (using intel installer from irc.osx86.hu which is not available there anymore but you can find it on piratebay) went smooth, no manual actions needed (just install and reboot), now I'm 10.4.10 with 8.10.1 sse3+hpeth kernel on my P4 3Ghz.

k got my old kernel replaced by booting into windows and using macdrive to drop it on the osx disk.. so should i just call it quits since im at 10.4.10 now eventho i have the old kernel? or do i have something to gain by messing around trying to get the new kernel to work?

well i try to mount dmg and i cant using 8.8.1 and the system kext from the 10.4.10 so i did the patch to fix mounting dmgs but i cant mount my ipod/iphone, which was why i was forced to upgrade to 4.10 in the first place.

so now i put the system.kext from 10.4.8 to match the kernel from 10.4.8 but i need to verfiy the owner and possibly edit it in disk utility (booting off install dvd) because i get a kernel panic now saying something about acpi driver or something, and im hoping it is because the owner permissions are wrong on system.kext . maybe someone can help me on fixing those permissions from disk utility off the dvd so i can see if itll boot and mount my ipod/iphone

for those with gma950

just replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with transmac or antother bootable osx. then start with -x // once you are up in safe mode.. set the right permission for that kext. chomd etc..

Replace or delete? Should I replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with an older version from 10.4.9 or 10.4.8?