Boot Camp Will Not Upgrade

kla

2 posts in this topic

I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2.00Ghz which used to have the infamous "whine". I took it in to have the logic board board replaced (under warranty). Everything worked great after that except that the serial number no longer shows up in the system profiler and when trying to upgrade boot camp to 1.3, I get an error that says I need to upgrade my system. I have installed all Firmware Updates as well as all software updates. My Boot ROM Version in the system profiler shows that I have the required number (MBP11.0055.B08).

Anyone got any ideas?

XP or Vista will register via your system board online with Microsoft. If you replace your main board, XP will often times need to have you recertifiy with Microsoft that your version of the OS is legal. This can also sometimes happen if you replace a hard drive where your boot partition is located.

Can you come up into XP clean? or does XP ask you to contact microsoft. Or is the problem in the Mac OSX side when you are trying to run boot camp to create the drivers disk? Actually now that I think of it XP shouldn't care as all you do on the XP side is run the updated drivers CD you created on the Mac side.

You may have to reset some admin policy on the mac side to let you run boot camp. On that I am not real sure what to do as you can't call Apple for support on boot camp.

Apple might be able to send you a disc?

Paul C