AdiumX 1.00svn (Universal Binary)

cantstandable

29 posts in this topic

After using Lamer0's port of AdiumX, I thought that if I tried getting the source code myself and compiling it, I would be able to hear the sound. Well I thought wrong. Sound still does not work, but the strange part is when I enable Rosetta, the sound works perfectly, just a little bit slower than what I expected.

Everything works fine for me. I've been running it for a few hours and haven't had a single crash. Just want to get a new version out there and see what other bugs / problems there are with it. If anyone has any idea on why the sound would work fine with Rosetta but not native, then feel free to comment.

I've included the /Library/Framework files just in case someone needs them.

I would also like to say that I'm no where near the programming status of anyone on here. I just decided to suck it up and do it myself, seeing how nobody else tried to compile a newer version. If you do have any insights or source code changes, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to try it out. I always like a good challenge. Please, leave some comments so we can figure out what is going on...

Edit: Also forgot to mention that I compiled this on 10.4.3 8F1111. The only patches that I have on my system are the Anti-TPM.

[adiumx, universal application, universal binary]

Edited by Metrogirl

Wow! Man thanks a lot for this effort! It does work np on my system (D915GUX, P4 2.8 520, 10.4.3 8f1111).

Well, without sound yet, but other things seem OK>

Actually I did not quite get what for the frameworks are included with.. D'you think they may repair sound in Adium (it works perfect for me in all other apps)?

Edited by Sudar

No problem. I've always wanted to try to give back.

I included the frameworks because I was digging around the Makefile and it had a command that copied the framework file(s) to the /Library/Framework directory. So I thought to include just incase someone needed them.

Have you had a chance to test the file transfer feature?

I'm going to dig around the source and see what I can come up with, as I miss having the sounds...

Funny... great minds think alike! I just did the same thing within hours of you!

A couple of minor changes: I made mine an Intel-Only build, and with the Deployment target, not Development, so it'll be a little smaller and faster.

I've used the 12/08/05 (tonite's) snapshot from SVN, and it seems to run really great. Fast, even with the Growl plugins (with an Intel-compiled version of Growl). I just hope it doesn't crash as much as 0.87 PPC does!!! ;->

It takes 44mb of real RAM, which is well, almost 3 times as much as Finder, and 4 times as much as Mail, but I'm sure that'll get cleaned up at some point!

In the meantime, the .dmg is at:

http://www.mytempdir.com/307998

and

http://rapidshare.de/files/8850644/Adium-for-Intel.dmg.html

Everyone have fun!

mindslip

Funny... great minds think alike! I just did the same thing within hours of you!

A couple of minor changes: I made mine an Intel-Only build, and with the Deployment target, not Development, so it'll be a little smaller and faster.

I've used the 12/08/05 (tonite's) snapshot from SVN, and it seems to run really great. Fast, even with the Growl plugins (with an Intel-compiled version of Growl). I just hope it doesn't crash as much as 0.87 PPC does!!! ;->

It takes 44mb of real RAM, which is well, almost 3 times as much as Finder, and 4 times as much as Mail, but I'm sure that'll get cleaned up at some point!

You know, I probably should have learned how to make an Intel-Only / Deployment Target :happymac: I'll look into that when I'm not so dead freakin tired. I did notice that mine said Development target, but laziness prevailed and didn't think about it really. Thanks for your build. I'll check it out and see how it works. So far mines only crashed once but I was doing about a bazillon different things at the same time in Adium.

The version that cantstandable made only use 14Mb REAL RAM :D

Any hints on how best to build a small-ram target? I used the "speed/size" optimizations, deployment target, and stripped (although I did skip one strip extra that could have been done... Next time!)

As for making a Deployment build, go in XCode's menu and just change your project target.

As for making it Intel-only, click on the top item on the project list on the left, click "Info", double-click your target and select Intel. You'll find it. I know that's not too detailed, sorry, don't have it open in front of me!

mindslip

• 2 weeks later...

I think "Size/Speed" is the source of Large RAM consumption.

As you know, smaller size means heavy compression and it should require more RAM in runtime. Speed, of course.. you need more RAM for faster speed.

Try the default setting (if any and compile again)

Hi, I am enjoying your port. I was wondering if you can do the same with this version of Adium?

Metal Adium X: http://homepage.mac.com/mbh0ckey/

Thanks

Metal adium (0.87) is platform dependent. I get errors about instructions not implemented, which means there is some code which cannot be ported before you know both ppc and x86 instructions/assembler.

Replaced previous Adium.app.

Accounts gone.

Networks unavailable for '+ Add account for'.

Problem on both disks. On disk0s2

Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled) on each.

?

Reboot fixed some other dead apps.

Edited by Serotonin

Works wonderfully except for one thing. Message history no longer displays in the chat window (when opening a new window that didn't exist before). This used to work on the stable release under Rossetta, but since I downloaded a universal binary I've lost this feature. Is anyone else having this problem?

just a sidenote:

the compiled adium in my case (1099) a bug, whatever i choose in the prefs menu,

adium would put me "away" after some 5 minutes. no matter what, even when just

chatting. also a second compiled version didn't worked out. i just have compiled

it for myself and now it works. either they fixed the bug (though i didn't saw it on

their buglist last week) or its just because its now just compiled for my configuration.

whatever, if anyone run into similar problems, just recompile.

das epsilon

Sorry, I haven't been active enough on uploading the more recent Adium builds. I've been looking for a place to live since I'm moving away for school. I've recompiled a version about a week ago and it's pretty rock solid. I haven't had any crashes. I've had some trouble with the previous message history but I'm going to look into that sometime this week. When I arrive home tonight, I'm going to upload a newer version of the Adium build.

In the mean time, I've tried compiling the Adium Metal version and it's had more problems that I really want to deal with. I don't want to go and try to backport all of the Intel parts of the source code...sorry...

didnt try out, but making a new build is (at least it looks like) very easy

with 1.00svn, because everything compiles 100%. no need to adjust

anything. maybe i'm wrong and just these file-things does not work.

will try at home. at least you don't have to mess up with trying to adjust

to gcc 4.0 or so.

das epsilon

CS2 corruption. MacGimp or something.

missing components messages gone after 10.4.3 8F1111A reinstall.

Edited by Serotonin

Doesn't work worth {censored} for me. After 5 minutes of being signed on, my status for others automatically changes to "Away". If I set it to available even though Adium says it already is, I'll show available for a while, then I'll go idle to others and can't change my status, even though Adium says I'm available.