Apple OS X 10.5 (Leopard) won't boot on my Mac Book Pro!

zetbee

9 posts in this topic

I'm done. I try to install it all night. And nothing. My internal harddrive was formatted about 10 times. And still nothing.

I download the *.dmg file from TL. It's Mac OS X 10.5 build 9A466. The latest.

I have Apple Mac Book Pro 17" with Intel Core 2 Duo 2,33 Ghz, 2GB of RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 and all other stuff.

I burn the image with Roxio Toast Titanium (latest build) as a regular iso.

Of course on DVD+R DL. The disc boots smoothly until it crashed. The circle with cross line appears and that's all. Nothing happens... I must restart computer "off the finger".

Of course i made proper partitions in few ways (Boot Camp, Disk Utility) and still nothing.

I made a clean install, try to start installation process from installed Tiger and NOTHING.

I try to boot-up from external hard drive (i have 2: usb 2.0 and firewire 400) - nope

It's just doesn't wan't to install.

Maybe somebody knows the way to roll it out. But after ALL NIGHT - i'm compromised....

No hope...

Please smbd HELP! :P

Edited by Hagar
misleading topic

You need to use Disk Utility to burn the image, Toast won't work...

OK. Lol of the all times... :) Hahaha ;] In this all stress and nerves related with installation process, i was cleaning up one of my ext. partitions. :) While this "cleaning" I removed the *.dmg file from disk surface. :) Haha... So even if I want to burn it with Disk Utility - I cannot do it. :)

So here the question: How can I make a "bootable" *.dmg file from burned DVD ??

So I can burn it again with Disk Utilitie....

:(

I haven't tried it...but..

Can you create a .dmg from your DVD and let DiskUtility run a check over it before burning?

When I checked my burned DVD (from Toast) DiskUtility complained about wrong headers on the DVD, so I guess it would also complain (and hopefully repair) your .dmg image you create...

I haven't tried it...but..

Can you create a .dmg from your DVD and let DiskUtility run a check over it before burning?

When I checked my burned DVD (from Toast) DiskUtility complained about wrong headers on the DVD, so I guess it would also complain (and hopefully repair) your .dmg image you create...

sorry but i don't have time and money for "counting for hopefully repair"...

i wanna do it once for all...

Hi! I used disk utility to image a Tiger installation disk(which didnt boot) and then re-burn the image using disk utility and it boots after that.

Give it a try but just to save u time and trouble best get your image(leopard u dload from) checksum and compare it to your image(the leopard u have) checksum, maybe your download got some error.

I burned with disk utility and the installation was a ok .... no error wat so ever .... just that I was using an external HDD .... I just need to partition it using GUID.

In this all stress and nerves related with installation process, i was cleaning up one of my ext. partitions. :P While this "cleaning" I removed the *.dmg file from disk surface.

You could try one of the many salvage progs, as it was an ext partition, you can install on your boot partition and try.

Another option is to use disk utility to make a .dmg from yr DVD, name it the same as the torrented file, dl the torrent again and run it through Azureus - this will let you know if you have the 'real' image, and will (should) dl any missing bits - don't quote me on this though :-)