MightyMice are MightyRubbish

sporkguy

44 posts in this topic

I've been using logitech mice for the last, hm, 8 years...not one of them broke and the size is very comfortable. I guess I got used to it...right now I'm using a cabled MX300 (no need to change batteries ;-) ).

With my laptop I use the bluetooth v270 (i think that's the model and no need to use any usb ports or having something stick out of your laptop).

When I bought my first mac (a mac mini) I thought, I'd get a mightymouse, but here in switzerland they cost like 90 sfr, not worth it, sorry.

Plus they are too small, I tried them in the shop and who doesn't have a few mice and keyboards lying around, after owning computers for so many years? It's always the same deal: "I'm buying a computer for 1.5-2 thousand bucks, why not get a new keyboard?" and then you continue your collection...(that's how it is with me)

I actually like the title of this post "...mightyrubbish", sounds funny :D

Those mice look uncomfortable as hell.

No way am I touching them.

Not to mention that stupid problem with the scrollball and the problem with having to lift your finger up to use right click.

Does it even have a middle button?

Also I don't know about you guys, but Microsoft branded hardware is the next best thing to Logitech IMO.

Unlike their software, their hardware (which probably isn't built by them) is solid.

Best keyboards though are IBM Model M and in second (due to some minor life-time differences) Apple II Extended.

I love my Bluetooh Mightymouse. The main issues that I don't like is how the scrolling ball stops working and I have to use the "clean-scrolling" technique. Also, I don't like how sometimes (rarely) it stops working with the clicking function, but the cursor function still works.

It also is annoying how your right finger has to press down on the far side of the mouse in order for a right-click.

Besides those minor details, I LOVE my Mighty Mouse; I can only hope that Apple incorporates the Multi-Touch interface into the mouse.

I can only hope that Apple incorporates the Multi-Touch interface into the mouse.

muti-touch on mouse .... how ? please explain me .

~R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys!! here's my take.. the mighty mouse is ok.. but the scroll ball problem along with the dashboard poping up from a slight squeeze and the crappy right click and non-rechargable batteries turn me off... so I've been using an MX 700 duo(logitech) that i've been using for almost 6 years and after multiple spills(took the keyboard in the shower to fix it), 5 ft drops, two exploded batteries and about three joints worth of grass below the keys it still worked fantastic until two weeks ago, when no amount of cleaning/dismantling would stop the volume from randomly changing...the spinning volume controls are sealed so i can't get inside to fix.. so I need a new set.. and I want a sweet one! but it seems like logitech is moving away from open platform duos.. the only one they list is garbage(the wave).. and I need something for leo and vista.. so my question is this.. i know the bluetooth mx revo mouse works in leo, as is stated on the logitech site.. but the mx 5500 which is the mx revo mouse and a keyboard is listed Windows only and its missing the apple keys.. so can i use this in mac os and windows with a workaround? thanks for the help! recomend other options if you have any... ecspecially if they have the form factor of the mouse pic posted.... i love my MX!

.sith.

I've had mine less than a year and I've had the scroll ball problem.

I dipped a Q-tip in a bottle of rubbing alcohol and cleaned the {censored} out of it for a few minutes straight, non stop.

didn't work too well, tried it again, works like new.

I've heard a lot of complaints about them. If it wasn't the fact that it connected by Blue tooth and I can use Expose and my Widgets on it, I would have bought a new one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

all you have to do to make it stop sticking is clean it with a disinfectant wipe... DONT WASTE YOUR $$$ on new ones... its happeenned to me like 3 times.. just clean it

Another way to clean the scroll ball which works for me, is to use a can of compressed air to blow air around the scroll ball. Just press down lightly (just enough to make a gap around the scroll ball) and blow some compressed air in there. Works for me every time.

• 3 weeks later...

i was given a dead mighty mouse, so i opened it up, figured out how to clean it, and whenever mine stops scrolling in any direction, i pop it open again and clean it. 5 minutes to clean out the mouse and get it back together if you're careful about it.

but opening it involves breaking it, so it's at your own risk.

Use mine Linux/Windows, used it for gaming for a while too. No windows driver though, so only vertical scrolling, but the side buttons do work. still looking to buy a magic mouse because being able to clean the mouse doesn't make up for it getting so dirty in the first place.