MightyMice are MightyRubbish

sporkguy

44 posts in this topic

I'm on my third MightyMouse now. Same problem each time: it stops scrolling downwards after several months of use.

Surprise surprise my third one is now ceasing to scroll down. No amount of cleaning by the smarmy Apple Store guy will make this thing work now, and guess what, as it's more than a year since my first one (not the last replacement!), I'm not entitled to a replacement.

So I'm stuck with a lemon.

Just be careful when selecting a mouse guys, the MM is a brick in disguise.

I reckon I'm going to fork out and get myself one of these.

Sorry for the rant!

I imagine that is probably the case with a few people - but of all the Microsoft hardware I've had over the years (in the dark ages before I owned or considered a Mac, and here I am with 2 of the things!) - the mice were always rock-steady.

Currently I've switched to my old little Mobile Optical Mouse from MS, it's really tiny but does it's job until I can get out and replace the MM.

Even my first gen Intellimouse Explorer lasted for 5 years before finally hitting the great spacebar in the sky! Not 4 months like the MM!

the mice were always rock-steady.

Even my first gen Intellimouse Explorer lasted for 5 years before finally hitting the great spacebar in the sky! Not 4 months like the MM!

Oh, I agree, previously MS mice have been very solid.. I forget the name & model of the one I use now (I'm not at home atm) mut it's wireless, LED, and has a wheel & sidebuttons.. the wheel quite soon stopped scrolling down on 2, which I returned.

The 3rd is the same, but I had to live with it , as I took it apart to fix it myself (which partly worked) hence it is no longer returnable.... wierd eh?

I love the apple keyboard but I dont really like the MM. The MM is good if you have a Mac cause you can configure it for Dashboard and Expose, which is very helpful. I dont like the form factor, it looks good but its not very comfortably. My favorite mouse overall is pretty much any higher end mouse by Logitech. Right now im using the G5 mouse (on my PC) and its the best mouse I've ever used.

Right now im using the G5 mouse (on my PC) and its the best mouse I've ever used.

Couldn't agree more! The Logitech G5 has passed all my expectations and has been going about a year with no problems whatsoever. :)

- Sabr.

I was just going to write and agree with sporkguy. My MM was in the box waiting for return to the local AS because it wouldn't scroll down despite cleaning for 5 minutes. Then I saw the post about rolling it fast upside down on a sheet of paper; a whole load of black {censored} came out on the paper and now scrolling down works again! Well done guys, saved me a trip to the AS and queue to see the genius (who would likely have done what you recommended and made me feel like an idiot).

i have these 6aew779.jpg ,more than 3 years.

work perfect...

i think that this is the simplest and the cheapest logitech model ...

~R

I prefer Logitech Mice have been using them for years. My current is a LX5 Cordless on my desktop and a V200 cordless on my Macbook. Heck my 486 still hasa logitech 3 button mouse and it works fine with regular cleaning.

Anyone know an mouse with good side scrolling - i mean not only a big whell that you push on the right, something that you really can scroll - (except the mighty mouse) this is only my first mighty mouse, but heh sending it back to the apple store etc ... But I can't stop side scrolling since I got used to with that mouse

I don't want an {censored} moue, my mx510 has been performing perfectly for years, but it doesn't have side scrolling.

im using a logitech MX518 on my PC and a MX500 for my laptop, have been using logitech for ages, no problems at all and you can configure them for dashboard/exposé too.

Using a Logitech VX Revolution for my Macbook, absolutely loving it. Got it for 30 CAD. What a steal.. hahaha

I use the Logitech MX1000 for my windows desktop. Seeing the Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 for mac is looking quite nice. I would get it if I had an Apple desktop.

Logitech... Too alien looking for my hand. Sure the whole point of the alien look is for it to fit like a glove, but in this case they've gone too far. It doesn't feel right on mine. And I feel they charge too much for a piece of Chinaman's work.

I can't get used to the Mighty Mouse scroll wheel. Button's too small so all the friction on a tiny spot of the index finger really makes it sore. In the end I had to give up. In its place I got one cheap-ass Samsung.

2063534_200031650527.jpg

Been over 8 months and I'm still happy with it. No glitches whatsoever.

Logitech... Too alien looking for my hand. Sure the whole point of the alien look is for it to fit like a glove, but in this case they've gone too far. It doesn't feel right on mine. And I feel they charge too much for a piece of Chinaman's work.

Sure the revolution is like that, but the G5 isnt at all.

neweggresizece4.jpg

The newer G5's are blue and I think they have an extra button. The one im using is the orange kind as shown above. I highly recommend it!

My scrolling temp stopped working but turning it upsite down and rolling the ball on some paper fixed it.

Had it 7 months and its worked perfect. I prefer the MM to any other mouse i've used in the past including all the premier MS laser/wireless/notebook & razor boomslang. Mouse steer is an awesome compliment for the MM.

I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard to, i am getting used to it but i can still type allot faster with ease on my MS natural/ergo.

My Mighty mouse scroll ball stopped working as per most of you. If you follow the instructions for cleaning it using a damp lint free cloth then rub the ball along it on a flat surface for a couple of minutes it should work again. Mine did!

Doesn't surprise me at all. $109 (au) for a wireless mouse. Total BS. The design is incompatible with any other mouse design so you either get used to it and can't go back to other mice, or you just don't use the stupid thing because it is so uncomfortable and get a logitech one that will never break down for $20. Also you won't constantly click the wrong mouse button either.

One of the worst Apple designs ever in my opinion.