Kernel Extension Development: EMU10k1 or Via Envy2

dogbert

67 posts in this topic

Hello. I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I've been working for a couple of weeks on porting the ALSA (linux) drivers for the Ice1712 chipset, which uses the Envy24 chip, and drives the M-Audio Delta series, among several others. My main interest is getting my Delta 1010LT working well enough to use OSx86 as my main recording platform. The driver is still in it's earliest stages (loads into the kernel but doesn't do anything useful yet). I'll be sure to keep the community updated as soon as I've got something useable, though between work, girlfriend, and actually making music, I'd be pretty surprised if it's ready to unwrap for x-mas...

Heh. I playing with this {censored} a little bit more. I've adopted AppleAC97 for my needs. Wrote a major part of controller driver. But I have a big problem. When OSX enabling interrupts on the card, system goes down. I've not figured out yet why this thing happens.

Latest sources available here.

DaemonEnvy24.zip

• 1 month later...

We can vote million times, but nothing will happens .. too badly, that im not a coder...so i'cant move EMU or Creative driver thing forward..only hoping, that there are someone that one day could code proper driver for SB Live & Audigy.

Only wondering how guys from KX managed those things and made drivers for Windows, that are thousand times better than Creative original drivers for SB Live and Audigy cards.

Those, who said - buy another card - its not a solution. Its a runing away from problem.

Using SB Audigy and KX drivers in Windows with Cubase and other music production software. ASIO support and low latency is one of the things, that makes SB card one of the best for music production. If we comparing price/functionality.

• 1 month later...

Envy24 no discussion possible!

These cards all mark out creative by big shots!

Anyway M-Audio isnt planning on releasing a universal driver (I begged in many emails). But I heard there is a way to convert the PPC driver against 10.4u profile? Might need sources sadly. But maybe the ALSA drivers are a nice start point for the Envy24 as in its support is very good.

And im M-Audio Audiophile 192 owner ......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...